Social Media Gold

Here are a couple more videos from Retunerman's page:
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

From the BBC Archive, John Noakes takes the BBC's Roving Eye camera car for a spin around TV Centre

fb.watch 

Techmoan's got hold of a BBC TV apology announcements tape allegedly from Sutton Coldfield. I think some of the technical info from his guest is dubious but the tape itself is interesting.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

The announcement at about 11:50 made me think it was from a relay transmitter, not a main transmitter like Sutton Coldfield.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Yes I thought that, however relay sites wouldn't have had either staff or facilities to play the announcement. I gather that there was some SHF/UHF in the path between Alexandra Palace and Sutton txfeatures.mb21.co.uk 

Possible a generic tape that was used at all sites?

I wonder when the reduced power tape would have been used, opting out of the Potter's Wheel etc?

The excellent Matthew Harris/Applemask/Bob the Fish has knocked it out the park once again with a brilliant retrospective on schools TV presentation:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • DE88, Josh, Roger Darthwell

I believe a Schools block still exists on the CBBC channel as a remnant of the coronavirus pandemic where everything was shown on TV (likewise I believe the relevant "Bitesize Daily" programmes are still being commissioned).

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Harry Hill went viral this week for something he made years ago - an archive clip from TV Burp:
twitter.com 

Shame TV Burp will never return because of the amount of effort and time it required to make  - it was a great show though.  Where else could you find the answers to life's great mysteries like who would win in a fight between Phil Mitchell and Mr Blobby? Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • DE88, fanoftv, Roger Darthwell, TVNerd

Who remember the cost cutting ITV saturday morning show Tricky?

www.youtube.com 

(24-07-2023, 03:09 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Who remember the cost cutting ITV saturday morning show Tricky?

www.youtube.com 

If I hadn't watched it with my own eyes I don't think I would have believed that Claudia Winkleman once hosted a televised trolley dash (timd by balloon inflation) from a branch of Sports Directs.

Simultaneously bonkers yet brilliant.