Social Media Gold

Mr Gatward calls a TVS staff meeting on-tape...

www.youtube.com 

...and he needs to talk about Mary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • harshy

Yesterday was the anniversary of the launch of Channel 5 and I stumbled across this archived version of Andrew Wiseman's website, from a month before the launch. I was interested by the "example schedule" section which republishes a "leaked schedule" from before launch. Was "Holy Cow with Simon Mayo" actually a show or is that just someone at C5's example of what they could be doing, a la Alan Partridge recording ideas into his dictaphone...

web.archive.org 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Whittle was almost an Everybody’s Equal remake in name too, according to a Mr T. Vine.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • DE88, Steve in Pudsey

More from Made in Maidstone- an episode of Get Fresh. From what Wikipedia says, the only one made by TVS.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • lookoutwales

Newspaper cutting from the early days of Blue Peter

twitter.com 

Number 73 episode beginning with Sandi/Ethel phoning Timmy Mallet at TV-am:

www.youtube.com 

Though this is from the master tape, so doesn't include the handover (you can see Sandi's picking up the phone waiting for her cue instead)- there was an off-air recording showing the full thing on there before, but I can't find it now.

Funny that the phone ringing sound effect still runs several seconds after Timmy's picked up!

The off-air is here, from 3:20 onwards:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Happy2001, Stooky Bill

I'm looking forward to someone uploading the previous episode so I can find out what went wrong the week before

Somebody added to Wiki that the issue the week before may have just been an issue in terms of the storyline. Apparently a wedding was due to happen at the end of the previous series (might have been Toksvig's character's wedding) and had been cancelled by the time this new series came round.

I never saw it but from what I read No 73 was so far off the wall it was... different, as it was one big story arc where everybody was playing a character. And then Sandy Toksvig left and the whole programme went to complete crap after that. Apparently.

One of the most off the wall things is Neil Buchanan's hair in the early series 🤣