Saturday Night Takeaway

Agreed, Josh, a really good insight into how a big live show like that comes together. You don't realise how much foreplanning and goes into each and every part of it and how many elements there are to bring together seamlessly. Quite a feat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • DeMarkay

I thought it was boring to be honest- only addressed 3 specific shows rather than the series as a whole.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • 030293, Reith85

(09-04-2023, 08:19 PM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes documentary, a nice insight into the planning of the show.
(09-04-2023, 09:43 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Agreed, Josh, a really good insight into how a big live show like that comes together. You don't realise how much foreplanning and goes into each and every part of it and how many elements there are to bring together seamlessly. Quite a feat.
While I enjoyed the show tonight I felt in the end it was rushed, they could have looked at it from the start as they said it takes 10 months to make the show from hidden camera stunts filmed in the summer to planning for that weeks show and in the end it only really focused on 2 or 3 episodes, they probably could have had another behind the scenes episode in all honesty looking at the second half of the series and the episode in Florida.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NI92's post:
  • Happy2001

In reality they could have covered so much more including the stuff they pre film like the hidden camera stunts

It would have had to have been more than one episode though which probably would have been pretty niche viewing that wouldn’t have rated

You can almost guarantee they’ll do a Undercover on Ant and Dec themselves at some point!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • DeMarkay

(10-04-2023, 10:33 AM)Johnr Wrote:  You can almost guarantee they’ll do a Undercover on Ant and Dec themselves at some point!

I thought this when they were talking about getting Alison and Rylan during the series. You'd probably expect Stephen Mulhern to be the main culprit, but they could also incorporate Jordan/Fleur if they wanted.

I enjoyed the Behind the Screens show - it was a good geeky look at how things were done. The inclusion of a few seconds worth of Florida stuff felt more like a flex on how current the show was, considering there was no BTS stuff of them working there. I also expected them to show us a timeline of what they did last summer etc, considering they started off with mentioning how the show is 10 months in the works. 

Also - not really a shock but - don't they usually pretend they don't know what Ant vs Dec is? When we saw them watching a video of the balloon demonstration months ago...

(10-04-2023, 10:33 AM)Johnr Wrote:  You can almost guarantee they’ll do a Undercover on Ant and Dec themselves at some point!

Jonathan Wilkes got them back about halfway through the original run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JLav25's post:
  • AJB39

(09-04-2023, 08:19 PM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes documentary, a nice insight into the planning of the show.

What was the BARB rating for the last show of the series?
A: 7.11m B:11.7m

(10-04-2023, 01:40 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(10-04-2023, 01:30 PM)TVNerd Wrote:  What was the BARB rating for the last show of the series?
A: 7.11m B:11.7m

My guess is A: 7.11m
I say neither. It got 4.3m viewers in the overnight ratings.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001, Reith85

(10-04-2023, 10:57 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  

I thought this when they were talking about getting Alison and Rylan during the series. You'd probably expect Stephen Mulhern to be the main culprit, but they could also incorporate Jordan/Fleur if they wanted.

I enjoyed the Behind the Screens show - it was a good geeky look at how things were done. The inclusion of a few seconds worth of Florida stuff felt more like a flex on how current the show was, considering there was no BTS stuff of them working there. I also expected them to show us a timeline of what they did last summer etc, considering they started off with mentioning how the show is 10 months in the works. 

Also - not really a shock but - don't they usually pretend they don't know what Ant vs Dec is? When we saw them watching a video of the balloon demonstration months ago...

They know what the challenges are but don’t rehearse them.

I think it was better as “What’s Next” when they switched their autocues off, took their earpieces out and genuinely didn’t have a clue what the challenge would be.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • DeMarkay, fanoftv