Saturday Night Takeaway

(17-02-2023, 03:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think my views on SNT and how tired it can be are no secret but as it works for most viewers I get why they stick with their old favourites - apart from one thing - the annual celebrity mystery drama.  The first one or two were passable enough for what they were but they've generally been awful since then, and even regarded so among the "fans", so it's surprising they persist with them especially as a replacement feature would likely be much cheaper.  Do ITV so desperately need that half hour of filler content over Christmas?

You’ll be glad to know they are doing a mystery drama again this year staring Richard Wilson as the ‘head of ITV’

No doubt lots of ‘I don’t believe it’ gags involved somewhere along the line

Looks like Saturday Night Takeaway has moved from TV Centre to Versa Studios?

twitter.com 

Well the audience is in TVC.

www.applausestore.com 

Their annual This Morning appearance on Friday too which is usually a walk from one studio to the other.

(22-02-2023, 08:42 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Well the audience is in TVC.

www.applausestore.com 

Their annual This Morning appearance on Friday too which is usually a walk from one studio to the other.

Versa Studios is actually only something like 10 mins from TVC.

Plus its a far bigger studio than TC1, so it makes sense if is true.

Maybe it's being used for an Ant vs Dec Challenge or something else separate from TVC.

(23-02-2023, 04:35 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  That could be true.

But the fact they posted a picture at the Versa Studios in Acton does suggest that SNT has moved there.

And talking of This Morning, they could easily do a video link between them and the studio itself, so its not too big of a deal to do.

Well how are you explaining that the audience tickets are for TV Centre?

I hope they show the behind the scenes of the Alison Hammond undercover on the documentary, if the preview clip on The One Show was anything to go by.

Can’t figure out how to do a spoiler tag on here though.

It’s just been confirmed on Lorraine with Ranvir that SNT a is still coming from Studio 1 at TVC

They did the walk from Lorraine’s studio, and then interviewed Andi Peters in the SNT studio

I'm guessing that Versa studios (which happens to be only five minutes from me) is being used as secondary studio space for challenges. One could assume that it will be a Stephen Mulhern challenge and in an break or just before, Ant and Dec will drive down the A40 to that studio and then back.

(24-02-2023, 11:30 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  One could assume that it will be a Stephen Mulhern challenge and in an break or just before, Ant and Dec will drive down the A40 to that studio and then back.

There's no way they're doing that in a live show. Google Maps says it's a 12 minute drive. I'd assume whatever's going on there will be prerecorded.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • DeMarkay, Jon