Saturday Night Takeaway

There were a few interesting hiccups on the most recent episode. Probably the biggest one was during "Who Am I?". When the second audience member was about to play (29:45 into the ep), whichever member of the show's crew was controlling the phone struggled a lot with selecting the filter options, including backing out of the camera and showing the account that was being used for it. You could tell that they were understandably panicking. They eventually switched cameras but it was on-screen for a short while.
I just went back to rewatch it ITVX and the only version they have up is Sunday morning's repeat which has the screen blurred out to hide it, although all of the reactions to it have been kept.

Also during that game, the third audience member while trying to describe "teapot" to Matt said one of the banned words, "hot", which she reacted to herself realising that she messed up. After that, Matt guessed teapot correctly, the "correct answer" sound played, £250 was added to her winnings, and Ant & Dec acted like normal and moved her onto the next one, during which the giant "BANNED WORD" text then came on-screen. After the game ended, A&D congratulated her on winning £250 and the mistake was never mentioned.
I thought it was funny considering how they were (rightfully) strict with the previous audience member for saying "traffic" to describe a traffic cone, which she was very much not happy about.

There was a minor one at 5:35 during Ring my Bell, but I was still amused. After an audience member won, the camera shown on the giant screen next to A&D then moved off of her to another part of the audience looking for the next player, zoomed in on him, then out again to get ready for the reveal shot minute later. Needless to say, I don't think he was surprised when he was next to be chosen. 😆
[-] The following 2 users Like MorganLamia's post:
  • AJB39, Nobby

One I found funny was when the contestant was trying to describe a cow you can hear Dec giving her a hand by saying something about Jordan I think which she then repeated.

I don't know how to describe this weeks show though but it felt kind of bare with no atmosphere.

(04-03-2024, 07:06 PM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  One I found funny was when the contestant was trying to describe a cow you can hear Dec giving her a hand by saying something about Jordan I think which she then repeated.

I don't know how to describe this weeks show though but it felt kind of bare with no atmosphere.

This happens with this type of show - I remember Noel Edmonds Saturday Roadshow and then his House Party would have some weeks where the show would feel flat

The Ring My Bell feature will become its own spin-off show

www.tvzoneuk.com 

(08-03-2024, 02:38 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The Ring My Bell feature will become its own spin-off show

www.tvzoneuk.com 

And it looks to be pre recorded. In that case, it won't work. The selling point of the game is that you can play along live.

Don't really see how that works as a spin-off. Wasn't Singalong Live supposed to become a spin-off too but axed due to covid?

(08-03-2024, 02:53 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Don't really see how that works as a spin-off. Wasn't Singalong Live supposed to become a spin-off too but axed due to covid?
Isn’t Singalong Live one of the most Covid friendly productions they could have done?

You probably couldn’t send a crew round to their homes but I’m sure they could have just made sure they had good enough links they could op themselves.

As for Ring My Bell, think they’d have to a have studio element. Jordan North and Fleur East or Jordan North and Sian Welby to host?

Doesn't Ring My Bell require it to be happening in real time on live TV?

It will have to fundamentally change if it's being recorded.

SNT displayed a "We are sorry for the break in your programme" caption on ITV1+1 tonight during the first 15 minutes. Apparently, bad language was used. This has happened before. If ITV allow a swear word to be broadcast live, why don't they allow it an hour later? Are there consequences if they don't take action to censor it? I'd prefer to see it as it was originally shown. I expect the ITVX version will be edited too.

Ant : “We’re not on next week”

Dec : “See you next week!”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • Juicy Joe