Saturday Night Takeaway

Really good show tonight. Loved Lorraine Kelly, Olly and the Ant Vs Dec segment. Certainly will be missed when series end
[-] The following 3 users Like EJnutz's post:
  • AJB39, Juicy Joe, UTVLifer

Really good show tonight I thought

(09-03-2024, 09:18 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  SNT displayed a "We are sorry for the break in your programme" caption on ITV1+1 tonight during the first 15 minutes. Apparently, bad language was used. This has happened before. If ITV allow a swear word to be broadcast live, why don't they allow it an hour later? Are there consequences if they don't take action to censor it? I'd prefer to see it as it was originally shown. I expect the ITVX version will be edited too.

Obviously they can’t knowingly broadcast swearing on what by that point isn’t a live show

(09-03-2024, 09:18 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  SNT displayed a "We are sorry for the break in your programme" caption on ITV1+1 tonight during the first 15 minutes. Apparently, bad language was used. This has happened before. If ITV allow a swear word to be broadcast live, why don't they allow it an hour later? Are there consequences if they don't take action to censor it? I'd prefer to see it as it was originally shown. I expect the ITVX version will be edited too.

Complete over reaction to block the entire 15 minutes. I doubt Ant and Dec were none stop F-ing and blinding. +1 should be considered a valid way to watch content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Juicy Joe

How long was the caption up for?

What was the swear word? I heard the guy say "Jesus", was that it?

Another reason to watch/record from the broadcast rather than rely on the broadcaster to make the programme available in complete form later.

First live performance of the Eurovision entry tonight. Only that bit wasn't live at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • Brekkie

This week's Ant Vs Dec was probably my favourite bit of the whole series so far, simply because it was a nice change from the overly rehearsed and overly scripted. We got to see A&D be themselves, making each other laugh and face the unexpected. This is the live and loose energy that the show has desperately needed for years, in my opinion.
[-] The following 4 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, DeMarkay, Juicy Joe

I can't remember the exact wording of the Broadcast Code, but broadcasters have to take reasonable care to not transmit offensive language, particularly when children might be watching. On a live show they'll have warned participants, and on +1 they have the opportunity to mask it. Granted a whole part is a bit overzealous but it'll be mitigation in case anyone complains (along with the apology for "language" which followed the segment).

That said, I didn't hear anything worse than "Jesus!", which is in the mild category on Ofcom's list, so they probably could have let it slide. Was there worse?

They put up a caption during the first 15 minutes or for the entire first 15 minutes?

I wasn’t expecting to see Jedward back on Telly, what with them, and Louis and Sharon on CBB, it’s like an X Factor take over

(09-03-2024, 10:23 PM)thegeek Wrote:  I can't remember the exact wording of the Broadcast Code, but broadcasters have to take reasonable care to not transmit offensive language, particularly when children might be watching. On a live show they'll have warned participants, and on +1 they have the opportunity to mask it. Granted a whole part is a bit overzealous but it'll be mitigation in case anyone complains (along with the apology for "language" which followed the segment).

That said, I didn't hear anything worse than "Jesus!", which is in the mild category on Ofcom's list, so they probably could have let it slide. Was there worse?

That was the only word I heard. I would also consider it a very mild swear word if that. But I guess the rules are the rules.

It was a great show overall after a lacklustre show last week. The End of Show Show wasn’t live but I guess with all the costume changes for Ant and Dec it would have been almost impossible to do it live.

(09-03-2024, 10:06 PM)Nobby Wrote:  How long was the caption up for?

What was the swear word? I heard the guy say "Jesus", was that it?

Another reason to watch/record from the broadcast rather than rely on the broadcaster to make the programme available in complete form later.

First live performance of the Eurovision entry tonight. Only that bit wasn't live at all.

I hope they use similar staging to that for the contest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ckck1704's post:
  • Juicy Joe