Saturday Night Takeaway

A pristine example of how the fun side of the duo has been sacrificed in favour of being slick and over-rehearsed. That montage alone had me pining for the energy and "anything can happen" quality of the early series'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Gary Baldy

There is still a lot of ‘anything can happen’ even in the current structure, you never know what any audience member or viewers at home will do in any of the games such as in Ring My Bell, Singalong Live etc

On that note, great Singalong Live this week and The End of the Show Show was strong as well and it was one of the ones where Ant and Dec were fully part of the performance that had clearly taken a lot of rehearsal

I thought I’d mention it, because the ones where they aren’t as involved in the performance are always mentioned as a way for some to moan that the show has gone down hill, but the strong ones they are involved in aren’t then mentioned.
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, Gary Baldy, Happy2001

Me and my friend were howling with laughter at the What's Next segment, I don't even think they imagined how difficult Ant would find it to move about in the suit!

Surprised they seem to have just settled on using virtual Ant and Dec to pick the Win The Ads contestant (this week with a slightly awkward surname!), I thought they would have brought back the different selection items from over the years
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnr's post:
  • AJB39, Gary Baldy, iloveTV1

By the time Ant was getting gunged you could see he wasn’t happy.

The end of the show show was quite good this week although Dec is definitely in his element doing these sort of performances whereas Ant looks clumsy and uncomfortable sometimes.

Ghostbusters doing pretty well with their junket from this week, as they’ve been featured on both Takeaway & The Last Leg.

Anyone know how these things work in terms of booking? Would a regular have missed out, as these 2 shows don’t typically do them?

(24-03-2024, 05:29 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Ghostbusters doing pretty well with their junket from this week, as they’ve been featured on both Takeaway & The Last Leg.

Anyone know how these things work in terms of booking? Would a regular have missed out, as these 2 shows don’t typically do them?

Alex on the Last Leg said he was there with a long line of people who were there to interview them, so a lot of people got to have time with the Ghostbusters cast this week

The final episode will be two hours long:

www.tvzoneuk.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001

I am still getting a feeling this is a proper farewell to the show, but ITV, Ant and Dec just don't want to admit it.

It all feels as if we are saying farewell for good to SNT
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(28-03-2024, 10:34 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I am still getting a feeling this is a proper farewell to the show, but ITV, Ant and Dec just don't want to admit it.

It all feels as if we are saying farewell for good to SNT

It does feel like the end of the show as a regular series. I do think it may return for one or two specials in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Gary Baldy

(28-03-2024, 11:33 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  It does feel like the end of the show as a regular series. I do think it may return for one or two specials in the future.

I doubt specials would work - maybe something at Christmas time, but for the rest, it suits a weekly slot.

Bare in mind, Noel's House Party used to churn out around 22 shows per series for the BBC in the 1990s, SNT is limited in recent years to just 7 shows per series, so it seems shows like this are now probably out of favour with the audiences, and indeed cost a lot of money to produce, just for 7 short weeks.