Saturday Night Takeaway

The End of the Show Show wasn’t live as has become the norm although it was well knitted into live shots of the audience at the end.

(25-02-2023, 09:42 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  The End of the Show Show wasn’t live as has become the norm although it was well knitted into live shots of the audience at the end.

I wonder if that’s what was filmed at the Versa studio?

(25-02-2023, 08:31 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(25-02-2023, 08:18 PM)Josh Wrote:  This pregnancy undercover prank not going down well on social media tonight by the looks of things. Really bad taste to mess with someone's first time being a father like this, personally.

Oh come off it, I hardly think 2 afternoons of silliness is really messing with his first time being a father. Harmless fun.

Harmless because thankfully all turned out well with the pregnancy.   Seemed in poor taste - question of ethics too surely for the scanning facility involved.

That segment also dragged on way too long - indeed that's the issue now the show is 90 minutes.    Features used to come and go every 5 minutes, but now it's every 15 minutes or so.

(25-02-2023, 10:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Harmless because thankfully all turned out well with the pregnancy.   Seemed in poor taste - question of ethics too surely for the scanning facility involved.

Oh mate come on
[-] The following 5 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, iloveTV1, stusoldvideo, TVFan

I’m sure they had an actual real scan and an actual real antenatal class not just the fake ones

I forgot we are in a world now where there has to be third party offence taken at everything
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, all new phil, DeMarkay, iloveTV1

(25-02-2023, 10:08 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m sure they had an actual real scan and an actual real antenatal class not just the fake ones

I forgot we are in a world now where there has to be third party offence taken at everything

We know there was another scan as they showed us a picture of one!
[-] The following 2 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001

Ultimately, if you considered every possible pitfall to every planned segment, you'd never get anything on air.
[-] The following 2 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • AJB39, all new phil

(25-02-2023, 11:12 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Ultimately, if you considered every possible pitfall to every planned segment, you'd never get anything on air.
Tonight's Undercover showed how even the best laid plans can go off course by something unplanned.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Brekkie

Yes, the pregnancy segment dragged out for far too long- there wasn’t really that much to the show tonight- 4 segments (not including End of the Show Show)- the pregnancy one, Ant vs Dec, Undercover, and Win the Ads.

The end of the show show was a bit too “kiddy” for me I think- the whole “will Tom get out of his dressing room” thing didn’t land I don’t think.

I’ve been a staunch defender of SNT in its last few series, but I’m starting to see where people are coming from now in saying that it’s getting tired. But I think it’s had a very different “vibe” throughout each era- the 2002-09 series, the 2016-18 series; and the 2020-present series all have very different feels- I think having an unavoidable year’s rest in 2019 should have benefitted the show but in some ways it’s made the show suffer more.

However, often the first show tends to be a bit weaker anyway- it’s the ones in the middle (3-5) that seem to land the most and feel more like old-school Takeaway.

I’ve been watching Michael McIntyre’s Big Show the last few weeks and I think his segments in the most recent series were more entertaining than Ant and Dec’s tonight, but there’s still the rest of the series to come and hopefully it’ll get better. Big Zuu announcing next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Brekkie

They seemed to pretty much double the value of the prize package offering on Win The Ads last night (plus use both This Morning and Coronation Street adverts rather than just one show), I'm quite surprised they don't chuck in a 'place on the plane' for the winner!