Saturday Night Takeaway

(13-04-2024, 08:03 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Or just add an advisory. I dodn't hear anything personally - just the apology.

In the end and sadly as predicted by youts truly they have basically just ripped out the entire section!

(Dec asks the contestants to bring along 3 items at around 18 minutes in, it then instantly cuts to 26 seconds left on the clock where the contestants are back with the items!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • AJB39

(14-04-2024, 11:48 AM)Johnr Wrote:  In the end and sadly as predicted by youts truly they have basically just ripped out the entire section!

(Dec asks the contestants to bring along 3 items at around 18 minutes in, it then instantly cuts to 26 seconds left on the clock where the contestants are back with the items!

The ITV2 repeat just turns the audio off at the point of the swearing then turns it back on after.

twitter.com 

4.56 million rating for the finale. Surprisingly a lower rating then the series opener had.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Happy2001

Good ratings boost for the finale. 4.6m is a good number for April

(14-04-2024, 12:48 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  twitter.com 
4.56 million rating for the finale. Surprisingly a lower rating then the series opener had.

Also not "ended for good" in there, again another example where people have watched the finale, and it was a finale for the show as a whole, why would they bother looking back to 2002, and bringing back personalities from the old days, if they weren't ending it altogether?

Ratings wise, in this era, that is a very respectable overnight audience figure for the show.

(14-04-2024, 12:48 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  twitter.com 
I know that the TV landscape has changed significantly over the last 2 decades, but it comes to something when you're celebrating getting 4.56m viewers for one of your flagship Saturday night programmes.

Even The Apprentice manages around 6m on a Thursday night. Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • cando, Nige, Reith85

(14-04-2024, 01:20 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I know that the TV landscape has changed significantly over the last 2 decades, but it comes to something when you're celebrating getting 4.56m viewers for one of your flagship Saturday night programmes.

The Apprentice has been in the overnights been in the 3-4 million range this series.

(14-04-2024, 11:17 AM)Scrotnig Wrote:  This “last show” felt a lot more “last” than the last “last show”.

Did they know it was going away for as long as it did back then? News articles from that time seem to suggest that it was supposed to only take a year off and return in 2011, but it didn’t end up being commissioned to return until November 2011, making it to screens in early 2013.

(14-04-2024, 01:20 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I know that the TV landscape has changed significantly over the last 2 decades, but it comes to something when you're celebrating getting 4.56m viewers for one of your flagship Saturday night programmes.

No it doesn't get 6m, not in the live ratings anyway

It's the share though. 10 years ago it was getting 7m on a 30% share of the audience.

34% share in that context is pretty good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Score