Saturday Night Takeaway

4.6 million average on the overnight ratings, peaked at 5.3 million.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Happy2001

I remember when the show had it's self-enforced rest year in 2019 there were a lot of calls that the time was right then for a rest and it could come back refreshed when Ant was fit again with new ideas etc - and it never really did have much new since then (Ring My Bell the only thing really) and we've had five more series since.

Absolutely felt like a full stop last night - I did like the nods to the past with Kirsty, Ashley etc.

Two things I was certain would happen that didn't were a pre-titles sketch to roll the titles one last time - and all three generations of Little Ant and Dec together. Shame the current generation were underused even in the finale - as I said previously, they've only done two interviews this series. That can't have been the plan. Bless Little Dec being a bit put off by the pyrotechnics in Ant Vs Dec - perhaps they were just that bit too young.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amber Avenger's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

They were far younger than the previous incarnations were at the time. I don't think the second generation of Little Ant and Dec have ever appeared on the show again, unlike the originals who have at least a couple of times.

I'd forgotten they'd taken a year off in the wake of Ant's troubles. Am I right in thinking it was Small Fortune with Dermot O'Leary which took the slot?

If they take out the double episodes of BGT and Masked Singer next year, and accounting for the week the Six Nations takes the primetime slot too there could be as few as four weeks to fill next year. Indeed could knock that down to three with the BRITs too if they aired that earlier in the evening. Arguably though filling 3-4 weeks trickier than commissioning something to fill 6-7 weeks. I'd imagine Limitless Win might get a couple of weeks longer to run now it doesn't have to wrap up before Saturday Night Takeaway returns.

(14-04-2024, 02:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The Apprentice got 3.8m last Thursday and that itself was higher than usual due to the interviews episode, it had been low 3’s in previous weeks
For the episode originally broadcast on Thursday 28 March (the latest BARB figures I could find) The Apprentice got 6.006m views. I didn't ever suggest that they were all as broadcast, I was trying to show a comparison with a flagship Saturday night programme which seemed remarkably low.

The week before, The Apprentice got 5.5m. That seems to differ from your figures.

But there didn’t feel like any last minute filler in any episodes to accommodate for a lack of Little Ant & Dec? So maybe they really did plan to use them so few times?

Also, I think the next series of Limitless Win was filmed with this years one

(15-04-2024, 02:08 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  But there didn’t feel like any last minute filler in any episodes to accommodate for a lack of Little Ant & Dec? So maybe they really did plan to use them so few times?

Also, I think the next series of Limitless Win was filmed with this years one

Yep, 12 episodes were filmed last Autumn from memory, so unless they’re planning on using half of these in Q3/4 then they’ll have 6 episodes to use next Autumn.

(15-04-2024, 06:31 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Yep, 12 episodes were filmed last Autumn from memory, so unless they’re planning on using half of these in Q3/4 then they’ll have 6 episodes to use next Autumn.

If ITV do the same thing here as they do with other game shows, where you get your prize after broadcast… that’s a long time to wait if you’ve won a substantial amount!

(15-04-2024, 12:37 AM)Stuart Wrote:  For the episode originally broadcast on Thursday 28 March (the latest BARB figures I could find) The Apprentice got 6.006m views. I didn't ever suggest that they were all as broadcast, I was trying to show a comparison with a flagship Saturday night programme which seemed remarkably low.

The week before, The Apprentice got 5.5m. That seems to differ from your figures.

Yes and those ratings were after the live broadcast. So wait until Saturday Night Takeaway's fall figures.

I expect it was planned to only use Little Ant & Dec a few times. They brought the item back as it was the last series but also realise that it can be a pretty weak feature so not to over use it

(15-04-2024, 08:51 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I expect it was planned to only use Little Ant & Dec a few times. They brought the item back as it was the last series but also realise that it can be a pretty weak feature so not to over use it

I've said it before but the feature only proved to be weak because they forgot what the point of the feature was. It was originally two innocent young lads asking embarrassing questions to big celebrities who had to tailor their responses carefully. It became a celebrity farting about with two young children with barely any entertainment value to anyone over the age of 9.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Amber Avenger