Saturday Night Takeaway

(03-03-2023, 08:46 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The think SNT needs to end it's 90 minute format and just be a 60 minute show. Even Noel's House Party on the BBC for most of it's run was around 50 minutes.

Have a tighter show leads to less padding. But of course ITV want to sell more advertising for these two, especially to get back the massive salaries they pay Ant and Dec

Can you explain what the 30 minutes of padding was that should be dropped?

The little bit where Andi Peters promotes a competition, that’s 2 minutes, what’s the other 28?

Comparisons with the 90s are irrelevant, most entertainment shows are longer these days, not just Ant & Dec, are you suggesting Strictly should be 50 minutes long as well rather than the 2 hours it can be
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chevron, DeMarkay

(03-03-2023, 10:21 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(03-03-2023, 08:46 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The think SNT needs to end it's 90 minute format and just be a 60 minute show. Even Noel's House Party on the BBC for most of it's run was around 50 minutes.

Have a tighter show leads to less padding. But of course ITV want to sell more advertising for these two, especially to get back the massive salaries they pay Ant and Dec

Can you explain what the 30 minutes of padding was that should be dropped?

The little bit where Andi Peters promotes a competition, that’s 2 minutes, what’s the other 28?

Comparisons with the 90s are irrelevant, most entertainment shows are longer these days, not just Ant & Dec, are you suggesting Strictly should be 50 minutes long as well rather than the 2 hours it can be
A one hour prime time ITV show is actually around 48 minutes without the adverts, and I feel that format would be much tighter and better for the show. Some items just drags on far too long, as mentioned above. Keep the main segments but have them shorter and snappy. It would help the show. Just my opinion, of course others have different views.

You do realise that a 60 minute "show" in ITV terms is actually more like 47mins?
A 90 minute "show" in the same terms is closer to 65 minutes.

So in other words... you've already got what you've asked for - a 60 minute show. Ish. Just not in the format you want it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • bilky asko

(27-02-2023, 11:38 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  
(27-02-2023, 11:31 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Basically doing what Jamiroquai did over 25 years ago!

They did acknowledge that themselves

twitter.com 

And they also (quite obviously) mentioned Virtual Insanity too.

They're making a big deal of the show being "completely live" tonight for some reason.

Really enjoyed that "Who You Gonna Call" feature. Live TV at its finest.

(04-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  They're making a big deal of the show being "completely live" tonight for some reason.

Apart from the fact that "laser" segment just now was not live at all!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • AJB39, fanoftv

(04-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  They're making a big deal of the show being "completely live" tonight for some reason.
I’m guessing one two things were going wrong beforehand, it seemed like a bit of a knowing wink to the audience. 

I thought the new FaceTime feature was good but seems to similar to Ring my Bell surely two features that should alternate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • AJB39

(04-03-2023, 08:48 PM)Josh Wrote:  Really enjoyed that "Who You Gonna Call" feature. Live TV at its finest.

Apart from the fact that "laser" segment just now was not live at all!

But the End of the Show Show was live for a change.

Great show tonight, loved the new phone item and the return of ‘Ring my Bell’

The Undercover at the Premier Inn as very funny as well

I’m sure what they meant by ‘it’s very live tonight’ was due to the amount of items they had tonight that could go wrong - Ring my Bell, the phone game and Takeaway Truck
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • DeMarkay, fanoftv

Fantastic show. I wish they’d bring back the full titles. Seems half-hearted the way it is.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, DeMarkay, fanoftv