Saturday Night Takeaway

Much better show tonight- took full advantage of the fact that it was live, and the show had more energy for it. Felt more like classic Takeaway. Shame there was no Stephen though- Fleur and Jordan don’t really have the same banter with Ant and Dec (and as good as they are, both clearly got the job off the back of I’m A Celeb… as did Scarlett and Ashley actually) whereas Stephen has this really natural rapport with them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • AJB39, fanoftv

I was wondering what would happen in the FaceTime feature if someone rang a non Apple Device? But everyone seemed to have an iPhone tonight. Subtle advertising for Apple too.

(03-03-2023, 08:46 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The think SNT needs to end it's 90 minute format and just be a 60 minute show. Even Noel's House Party on the BBC for most of it's run was around 50 minutes.

Have a tighter show leads to less padding. But of course ITV want to sell more advertising for these two, especially to get back the massive salaries they pay Ant and Dec

The likelihood of ITV trimming down SNT is zero. Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

(05-03-2023, 01:06 AM)patrickm Wrote:  I was wondering what would happen in the FaceTime feature if someone rang a non Apple Device? But everyone seemed to have an iPhone tonight. Subtle advertising for Apple too.
A Facetime call can be made to Android and Windows devices, it's not as slick as on an Apple device though.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212619

(05-03-2023, 02:19 AM)XIII Wrote:  
(03-03-2023, 08:46 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The think SNT needs to end it's 90 minute format and just be a 60 minute show. Even Noel's House Party on the BBC for most of it's run was around 50 minutes.

Have a tighter show leads to less padding. But of course ITV want to sell more advertising for these two, especially to get back the massive salaries they pay Ant and Dec

The likelihood of ITV trimming down SNT is zero. Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.
It's my view. Am I not allowed to have a view that doesn't agree with everyone else on here?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Larry the Loafer

(05-03-2023, 01:06 AM)patrickm Wrote:  I was wondering what would happen in the FaceTime feature if someone rang a non Apple Device? But everyone seemed to have an iPhone tonight. Subtle advertising for Apple too.
Ironically the featured seemed to be followed by Samsung ad featuring ITV’s Fleur East and Olly Murs.

Surely the mobile feature can't be all that it seems at first glance. If the 50 phones were really the phones belonging to the audience, they'd be getting constant calls and notifications, running low on battery, losing signal etc. All kinds of issues especially around privacy.

I suspect that the phones shown were just dummy phones (only three of them needing to be functional devices anyway) and the show has just extracted the phone directory from the real phones.

I wonder what the people being called received. I suspect a text message with a link to a webapp that starts their camera, maybe with a "Are you over 18 and happy to appear live on ITV1/STV now" prompt.

Who you gonna call was a rip off of a game on in for a penny. Fun but been done before.

(04-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  They're making a big deal of the show being "completely live" tonight for some reason.

(04-03-2023, 09:49 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m sure what they meant by ‘it’s very live tonight’ was due to the amount of items they had tonight that could go wrong - Ring my Bell, the phone game and Takeaway Truck

On top of what Andrew said, there were a few clunky moments here and there in the episode, and the previous episode had a big issue also when they cut to Andi Peters on an OB and his mic wasn't working, so they had to drop the entire segment. That's likely what they were referring to.

(06-03-2023, 10:24 AM)CATV Wrote:  Who you gonna call was a rip off of a game on in for a penny.  Fun but been done before.
That was probably intentional to be honest- Ant and Dec are EPs on IFAP (what an unfortunate acronym!).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • DeMarkay