Saturday Night Takeaway

(19-05-2023, 08:37 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  
(19-05-2023, 09:34 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Amazed You Bet has never been bought back - Ant and Dec gave it a try stateside.  

ITV had a series called ‘Go For It’ in 2016 that involved challenges similar to You Bet but without the celebs and betting element. 

I quite liked Go For It at the time, and was surprised that it didn't continue, as it felt different compared to all the other game/quiz shows around the same time.

They are bringing back “Little Ant & Dec” and are casting for new ones

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • LouBlu08

Interesting, though I suspect they wouldn't do this take-off again for "little little little Ant & Dec":
www.youtube.com 

Though I can probably foresee some other long running format being sent up - Bake Off or something.

(18-09-2023, 07:31 PM)Andrew Wrote:  They are bringing back “Little Ant & Dec” and are casting for new ones

twitter.com 

Surprised in this considering it is the last series for a while (or last ever).

(18-09-2023, 10:24 PM)NI92 Wrote:  Surprised in this considering it is the last series for a while (or last ever).
Surely that's exactly why they're doing it?
[-] The following 3 users Like gottago's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, Score

The trailer for the new series has been released, being advertised as the last one despite it (hopefully) just being a break.

I think Ant and Dec have mentioned its just taking a break for a while, so it will be back in a few years time, they put the show on hiatus in the past before, think they stopped in 2009 or something and then they returned back in 2013.

ITV did mention this was "the last series ever" when talking about SNT returning a few weeks ago. I wish I could find it, but I remember reading them saying this was the last series ever, which means they have no intention of bringing it back.

Also in the trailer, going out with a bang phrase, makes me feel this is the last ever series.

I do think if Ant and Dec did return to a live Saturday night entertainment format in the future it would probably be best for them to return with a new format rather than resurrect SNT again.

Having seen the trailer in question, it definitely didn't give any impression it was only taking a break. It felt very much like it was the last ever series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • JMT1985