(23-09-2022, 02:39 PM)gottago Wrote:  I'd be surprised if many people in ITV2's target audience used Facebook these days. None of the posts seem to be getting more than a few hundred likes.
More surprisingly, ITV2 don’t seem to have a TikTok account, which you’d think they would. Love Island has a separate one which does pretty well though.

The ITV2 Twitter account is to become ITVX on Friday.
twitter.com 

(03-10-2022, 03:12 PM)fionntan Wrote:  The ITV2 Twitter account is to become ITVX on Friday.
twitter.com 

Its Facebook page has changed last week.

(03-10-2022, 04:32 PM)CATV Wrote:  Well at least BBC Three can claim to have the biggest youth twitter page now.

The ITV2 twitter account has a bigger following than BBC iPlayer.  So I know why they have done it just feels odd.

It's like how the Sky One Twitter feed later became "Sky TV", it's nothing new and has happened before. I think SyFy UK also turned into Sky TV on Facebook, since that had a bigger following than the other Sky pages.

(03-10-2022, 03:12 PM)fionntan Wrote:  The ITV2 Twitter account is to become ITVX on Friday.
twitter.com 

If everything is all in one place, why are they also inviting us to follow @ITV and not folding that in too?

Can you merge Twitter accounts? I know the process is possible with Facebook pages.

They have @ITVHub on Twitter? Which would seem like the obvious one to rebrand if you can only keep 1 set of followers.

(04-10-2022, 10:34 AM)all new phil Wrote:  
twitter.com 

If everything is all in one place, why are they also inviting us to follow @ITV and not folding that in too?

Find this a very strange decision. The only reason I can think is to start ITVX with a load of followers rather than starting from scratch and ITV2 is probably the key demographic they wish to appeal to. Still, what happens to the @ITV and @ITV4 Twitter accounts? And will they be advertising things like Midsomer Murders along with Love island? 

Would make more sense to keep ITV2 as a separate feed

Was odd that they could never secure @ITV3 on Twitter as it appears to be used by a squatter. Surprised they never tried to lobby Twitter to get the handle changed over to them. Not that it matters now, ITV2/4/Be's accounts will close and there will only be @ITV and @ITVX going forward from Friday.

(04-10-2022, 07:32 PM)rick Wrote:  Was odd that they could never secure @ITV3 on Twitter as it appears to be used by a squatter. Surprised they never tried to lobby Twitter to get the handle changed over to them. Not that it matters now, ITV2/4/Be's accounts will close and there will only be @ITV and @ITVX going forward from Friday.

The demographic of ITV3 viewers is such that they are probably not fussed about a twitter feed.  It's not necessary for everything.

Interesting to wonder what will become of ITV.com when ITVX launches. Currently, ITV.com is essentially what ITVX is going to be (the VOD service), but that's presumably going to live at ITVX.com?

Hopefully they've thought all of this through. ITV.com could be more of a window to various ITV services like the BBC homepage, including ITV News and the best of ITVX. Or it could be that ITVX lives at ITV.com?

It's fun wondering, and not long now to wait! This has all been a long time in the planning as evidenced by the big ITVX webinar they did ages ago detailing the vision and demoing the UX.