Similar layout as the main app but everything is kids shows. its possible this could change around launch time to modify colours etc.

The live section being on mobile could indicate they plan to have a number of FAST channels. This might be hidden for purposes on the desktop app.

Is an ITVX Kids FAST channel on the android app now alongside the CITV stream.

(12-07-2023, 04:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Is an ITVX Kids FAST channel on the android app now alongside the CITV stream.

Nope, but I did get an error when I first selected live. 

As of last week, the kids profile version has also made it to Sky Stream

I feel like once something that was an ITVX Exclusive finally makes it to one of the linear channels it makes sense to drop the "ITVX Exclusive" tag given that it's, you know, not an ITVX Exclusive any more! A Spy Amongst Friends and Loaded in Paradise both still have it, and there's probably a few others too. Just feels like a bit of a lazy oversight.

Been wondering that too, but perhaps it reinforces that new series will be available on ITVX so that's where viewers should expect to see it. It also recognises in the marketing that it previously was shown on ITVX too, if people seem to have a sense of deja vu as the trailers are pretty much identical to what has gone out months earlier.

(13-07-2023, 01:38 PM)gottago Wrote:  I feel like once something that was an ITVX Exclusive finally makes it to one of the linear channels it makes sense to drop the "ITVX Exclusive" tag given that it's, you know, not an ITVX Exclusive any more! A Spy Amongst Friends and Loaded in Paradise both still have it, and there's probably a few others too. Just feels like a bit of a lazy oversight.

Not exactly unique to ITVX, a few other programmes made for Prime/Netflix (and no doubt Disney+ in due course) will appear outside of the streaming services. All exclusivity in this regard probably means it is exclusive, but for a limited period (much like in the 90s when home video released stuff that wasn't shown on TV - most of that was eventually shown years later).

(14-07-2023, 11:21 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Not exactly unique to ITVX, a few other programmes made for Prime/Netflix (and no doubt Disney+ in due course) will appear outside of the streaming services.  All exclusivity in this regard probably means it is exclusive, but for a limited period (much like in the 90s when home video released stuff that wasn't shown on TV - most of that was eventually shown years later).

I don't think I've ever seen anything on Netflix listed as a "Netflix Exclusive". Netflix Original and Series maybe but not Exclusive. 

My point is that they launched this service as having series appear exclusively on ITVX for up to 6 months and are marketed on the service as an "ITVX Exclusive". After those 6 months it would air on ITV's linear channels, at which point it simply isn't an "ITVX Exclusive" by definition. A Spy Amongst Friends has now aired on ITV1 but go on the website and it's one of the main shows on there and it's still listed as an ITVX Exclusive.

Yes I probably am overthinking it!

Sometimes "exclusive" is defined as the first place to see something rather than the only place, and technically it is still the only streamer where you can see it and ITV1 is effectively viewed as part of ITVX nowadays rather than an alternative source.

I suspect if such shows ended up on other streamers they'd lose the exclusive tag. Indeed most the shows STV flag as exclusive have aired elsewhere previously.

Thanks to the StudioCanal deal with ITVX, they have all eight series of Spiral to stream.

I’ve noticed that there is now a fast channel for ITVX KIDS using the following logo:
[Image: IMG_0869.jpeg]
I wondered if they’d opt for a slight redesign of the proposed 2022 logo, but seems like they’ve opted for a typeface that reminds me of the old Fox Kids brand. 

When briefly watching I saw that the countdown slide appeared between programmes, showing titles of standard ITVX shows, some that may be inappropriate for kids, I expect this will be amended soon to showcase the children’s shows on the service.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • UTVLifer