I wouldn't say so they still have 12 active fast channels and link to them all from the home page.

Odd they've not closed the CITV stream. No surprise really they've scaled back on the channels - makes sense to close the ones that aren't working for them. It's a bit different with Pluto where I suspect many are third party channels who pay to be on the platform.

(10-01-2024, 08:13 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's a bit different with Pluto where I suspect many are third party channels who pay to be on the platform.

Not so sure - I can't see who'd be paying for the content which is looping on the programme-specific channels other than Pluto/Paramount, who then sell the advertising. There are some channels utilising Paramount brands (like 5 and MTV) but these are essentially the same thing AIUI.

There are a few third party channels like the UKTV but they're most definitely in the minority - and even on those I'm not at all clear that UKTV or whoever are paying for their carriage - I think they provide the content which Pluto then add advertising to and pay UKTV etc for.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

I think when ITVX launched they teased a new FAST channel every week, which has clearly never happened.

Shame they ditched the Unwind one, used it a fair few times to fall asleep to

(11-01-2024, 02:04 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I think when ITVX launched they teased a new FAST channel every week, which has clearly never happened.

Shame they ditched the Unwind one, used it a fair few times to fall asleep to
Have they replaced it with a Jeopardy channel?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Jon

I think with fast channel services for them to have real value you need as many as possible on there, so there’s something for everyone.

It seems there is a ‘World Drama by ITV Studios’ fast channel on Samsung. Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult for ITV X to sign a deal with ITV Studios to bring it to their service. Even if it didn’t drive massive numbers of users in and of itself, it would help create the impression of depth on the service.

Six ITV1 regions have launched on ITVX. These are based on the HD Freeview regions currently used on PSB3.

London
Meridian East
Central West
Granada
UTV
Wales

There is limited support on devices including Samsung TVs from 2017 onwards, Amazon Fire TV, Roku and Sky Q/Glass/Stream.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76

(23-01-2024, 12:19 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Six ITV1 regions have launched on ITVX. These are based on the HD Freeview regions currently used on PSB3.

London
Meridian East
Central West
Granada
UTV
Wales

There is limited support on devices including Samsung TVs from 2017 onwards, Amazon Fire TV, Roku and Sky Q/Glass/Stream.

Seems odd not to have all regions. You’d think if there was one format capable, it’d be the one they actually own and run themselves.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer

Not that odd really considering that's how they've previously ruled out additional services. Either the other regions will follow or the numbers just don't make the smaller regions worthwhile as of yet.

* Too late to edit but that should be rolled out rather than ruled out.