(23-01-2024, 12:32 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Seems odd not to have all regions. You’d think if there was one format capable, it’d be the one they actually own and run themselves.

If they’re only going to launch with a few, surely it’d be better to go with those that aren’t currently available on Freeview, meaning people who get the wrong regional news have a way of accessing it in HD. (Although I guess if the rest will appear in a few weeks it doesn’t really matter either way.)

Either way, does anyone with a smart TV or satellite/cable box watch live channels through an app if exactly the same service can be accessed on the EPG more quickly and easily?

(23-01-2024, 09:00 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not that odd really considering that's how they've previously ruled out additional services. Either the other regions will follow or the numbers just don't make the smaller regions worthwhile as of yet.

Forgive me for thinking of the viewers rather than making excuses for shoddy service.

They should really focus on getting 50fps working before rolling out regional news to be honest.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • interestednovice, James2001, Ma76, radiorebel

Are all regions on Sky Glass now - I know they launched with only a few, so seems the same is happening here.

There seems to be an expectation here that everything is rolled out everywhere simultaneously when the reality is for practical reasons that is rarely the case whether it arguably should be or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice

(23-01-2024, 01:08 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are all regions on Sky Glass now - I know they launched with only a few, so seems the same is happening here.

There seems to be an expectation here that everything is rolled out everywhere simultaneously when the reality is for practical reasons that is rarely the case whether it arguably should be or not.

If they can stream a channel of non-stop Love Island, I’m sure they can stream the regions. What practical reasons would there be for not streaming all of them? Glass / Stream have them all.

The expectation is simply that things are done properly. This country has a chronic issue with things being done half-arsedly.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • interestednovice, what

Maybe ITV's argument is they don't care for x hours of local programming a week that may not perform very well, it's not a priority because they want ITVX to make them money.

Not one I agree with necessarily, ITV plc's online offering has always been crap in one way or another, particularly when it comes to regions - and I do think that boils down to history with the Grarlton/Cranada/federation history making things more difficult internally perhaps.

Does the current ITV1 (and other channels for that matter) replace ads based on the user or just stream the London version?
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986

A bit of an odd situation for me. We've watched three hours of Trigger Point and have had only two non-sponsorship or ITVX adverts. Most ad breaks have been break bumper - sponsorship - sponsorship - break bumper. The first ad break of each of the first two hours had one standard ad and an ITVX ad, an occasional other ITVX ad has popped up (ironically for ITVX Premium when I'm getting close to that tonight anyway).

There's a post on Reddit from a Britbox subscriber saying the standalone service is finally closing and will be transferring them to ITVX soon (they haven't put a date). I'm surprised this hasn't happened much sooner given it's been over a year since ITVX launched and annual subscriptions to Britbox surely could have been curtailed quicker than they were but there we go.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • interestednovice, London Lite

I'm a standalone Britbox subscriber, I was offered a deal to move to ITV X when my renewal ticked over at Christmas but nothing forcing it yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • interestednovice