(16-12-2022, 10:34 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It really isn't much of a service for those viewers and I didn't really understand the fanfare at the time.  It would be much better to give those programmes a VOD section to choose from.  Not just a random, pot-luck stream without even a listing of whats on.

With today's capabilities I really think those viewers deserve something better (from all broadcasters).

possibly coming soon according to the bottom of this www.signature.org.uk 

Not sure if this has been noted already but the ‘ITVX exclusive’ “A Spy Among Friends” is ‘an STV Player exclusive in Scotland’, which answers my previous question regarding Scottish access to these shows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVNerd's post:
  • LargelyALurker

(18-12-2022, 12:29 AM)TVNerd Wrote:  Not sure if this has been noted already but the ‘ITVX exclusive’ “A Spy Among Friends” is ‘an STV Player exclusive in Scotland’, which answers my previous question regarding Scottish access to these shows.

STV have the online rights to ITVX commissions until 2029 in the two STV franchise areas.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Happy2001, LargelyALurker, Ma76, TVNerd

Seven years. Good chance that it'll become a moot point by then. ITV would probably love to buy STV.

(18-12-2022, 12:59 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Seven years. Good chance that it'll become a moot point by then. ITV would probably love to buy STV.

Feels unlikely to happen because of the political backlash it would cause in Scotland.

(18-12-2022, 12:32 AM)London Lite Wrote:  
(18-12-2022, 12:29 AM)TVNerd Wrote:  Not sure if this has been noted already but the ‘ITVX exclusive’ “A Spy Among Friends” is ‘an STV Player exclusive in Scotland’, which answers my previous question regarding Scottish access to these shows.

STV have the online rights to ITVX commissions until 2029 in the two STV franchise areas.
Is it all ITV X commissions or just the ones that are destined for ITV 1/STV at some point? Plebs and Tell Me Everything don’t seem to be on STV Player for example and they’d naturally be likely to appear on ITV 2 if they ever get a linear airing.

Of course they don’t have to put the same content on at the same time, but you’d think they would.

Also this article is careful not to state they’ll get everything.
www.stvplc.tv 

Yes, I think I remember reading ITVX exclusives get put online 6 months before a linear airing?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

The ITV version of the press release makes it clear that the STV deal does not include anything destined for ITV2 and specifically mentions Love Island and Big Brother. FAST channels will also not be available.

www.itvmedia.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Happy2001, TVNerd

Just watched Back to the Future via ITV X. No adverts. I do not have the premium version.

(20-12-2022, 10:25 AM)Radioanorak Wrote:  Just watched Back to the Future via ITV X. No adverts. I do not have the premium version.

Ah, but do you have AdBlock?