(31-01-2023, 11:46 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Noticed that 'new' has been dropped from the tagline on adverts today. Now it's just 'The UK's freshest streaming service'.

Well, it's hardly new after it's been out for two months! Wink

Interesting to see Nolly released on ITVX at pretty much the exact same time Network have released a MASSIVE DVD boxset of all the surviving episodes from her time on Crossroads (94 discs!). I presume the release of the two have been co0ordinated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • western

(02-02-2023, 09:05 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Interesting to see Nolly released on ITVX at pretty much the exact same time Network have released a MASSIVE DVD boxset of all the surviving episodes from her time on Crossroads (94 discs!). I presume the release of the two have been co0ordinated.

Nolly was announced in late 2021, so that will have given Network plenty of time to plan their release to coincide.

Incidentally, I just watched the first episode. It’s very good - and plenty in it to appeal to us lot, including some nice and quite faithful ATV continuity recreations.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Happy2001, western

I still think this 9 month strategy is going to not work out in the long term - when shows like Nolly eventually get an airing they'll feel like repeats, even for those who've not seen them (having seen the heavy promotion). I do think (admittedly without a shred of evidence to back it up) that overall viewership would be higher should they premiere shows on ITV1 and then have the boxset immediately available on ITVX, continuing with weekly (or daily) airings on ITV1.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Ant, fanoftv, Gary Baldy, Juicy Joe, Newshound47, thomash79, UTVLifer, western

(03-02-2023, 03:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I still think this 9 month strategy is going to not work out in the long term - when shows like Nolly eventually get an airing they'll feel like repeats, even for those who've not seen them (having seen the heavy promotion).    I do think (admittedly without a shred of evidence to back it up) that overall viewership would be higher should they premiere shows on ITV1 and then have the boxset immediately available on ITVX, continuing with weekly (or daily) airings on ITV1.

I don’t think they’ll be looking at individual programme ratings though - they’ll be looking at use of ITVX as a whole. I’m not sure if it’ll be their long term strategy, but I see these shows premiering as almost being like loss leaders in a supermarket, to get people in who might then buy (watch) more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • octothorpe

Itv x audience will increase when sky q finally gets it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Torpido's post:
  • radiorebel

Has Fawlty Towers left Britbox as well as ITVX?

(08-02-2023, 12:29 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Has Fawlty Towers left Britbox as well as ITVX?

Fantastic news that a Fawlty Towers reboot was green lit today by John Cleese and his daughter. Really didn't see that coming.

(08-02-2023, 09:15 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(08-02-2023, 12:29 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Has Fawlty Towers left Britbox as well as ITVX?

Fantastic news that a Fawlty Towers reboot was green lit today by John Cleese and his daughter. Really didn't see that coming.

Faulty Towers was very much of its time & had only a few episodes.a reboot will not appeal to many

Especially with Basil as the only returning character. The rest of the main cast are either retired or dead.