(13-12-2022, 04:38 PM)Jameseh Wrote:  I’ve not noticed any non-BritBox programming to be Premium exclusive.

Unless you count the ITV rebooted series of Birds of a Feather which are for some reason labelled as BritBox | BBC.
There are no Premium exclusives, the only additional shows are the Britbox back catalogue. I agree with tomo359, it's odd they haven't chosen to highlight a Britbox tab to try and entice you, or indeed easily find the shows you have access to if you do subscribe. They're sort of dotted around the homepage but there's a hell of a lot more available.
(13-12-2022, 05:48 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  Anyone able to give an update to ITVX's availability on Freeview Play?
My Manhattan T3-R is still ITV Hub. It's got ITVX shows promoted on there but I'm a Celeb still features fairly prominently while it's dropped off the home page of desktop. No idea if they'll come back to update it or if it will be stuck like this forever. Are Freeview Play app updates universal or box dependent? I do have the recently rebranded CBS app and newly launched PBS app.

Meanwhile my LGTV still launches with a massive ITV Hub logo before loading the ITVX interface, though no live/FAST channels section.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • Ma76

It is confusing because there are ITVX Premium shows and films that aren't labelled as Britbox.

So far only my 4K Firestick and Android 12/13 devices have ITVX with live channels and HD.

My BT Pro box and LG TV are still branded ITV Hub and seem to have the content (e.g. the new Plebs episode), but no HD.

Sky Q doesn't have ITV X or ITV Hub as a stand alone apps. ITV used to feature in the On Demand section but that's now gone and there is just ITV Catch-up, which has always been and still is ad free and HD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes derek500's post:
  • Kunst

My 2017 Samsung TV updated to ITVX a couple of weeks ago, has all the live and FAST channels and apart from being a bit slow to initially start up, had no problems with it.

(14-12-2022, 02:02 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  My 2017 Samsung TV updated to ITVX a couple of weeks ago, has all the live and FAST channels and apart from being a bit slow to initially start up, had no problems with it.
Yes, it’s basically just Samsung, Android powered devices and iOS that have got the full offering it seems, possible the consoles as well?

Most platforms are having to put up with a slightly reskinned and rejigged ITV Hub.

It seems so odd to push so much with the promotions for this big new offering from ITV and not actually offer it to as many people as they can.
I wonder if there has been some issues with getting it on to certain platforms and are working on fixing it? Hopefully that is the case
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomo359's post:
  • derek500

(14-12-2022, 03:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(14-12-2022, 02:02 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  My 2017 Samsung TV updated to ITVX a couple of weeks ago, has all the live and FAST channels and apart from being a bit slow to initially start up, had no problems with it.
Yes, it’s basically just Samsung, Android powered devices and iOS that have got the full offering it seems, possible the consoles as well?

Most platforms are having to put up with a slightly reskinned and rejigged ITV Hub.

The only game consoles supported by ITVX are Xbox One and later, and NVidia Shield. Nothing for PS4/PS5 or Nintendo Switch though.

support.itv.com 

My LG updated this morning and the ITV Hub menu button is now ITVX.

....but it still takes you to the old ITV Hub!

(15-12-2022, 10:48 AM)derek500 Wrote:  My LG updated this morning and the ITV Hub menu button is now ITVX.

....but it still takes you to the old ITV Hub!

Same for me also, I’ve even applied the update manually, we have the ITVX icon but as you say when launched it goes straight to ITV Hub. I’m not sure if it’s my TV, but when I applied the update, the icon next to ITV Hub was its original logo from several years ago, despite the app and icons having been the most recent logo.

Think my only bug bear with ITVX at the moment is the lack of 50fps on live streams. The times where I've had to watch the World Cup through it wasn't the smoothest experience compared to iPlayer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • derek500