Challenge Anneka

Speaking purely from a presentation standpoint, I can't say I'm a fan of the logo at all. Looks a bit too much like a knock-off washing powder. It's a shame because the title sequence is fantastic and the return of the theme tune is certainly a win in my book.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Nige

(20-03-2023, 07:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  While some people complained about the pace and length of the programme, it fits in well to Channel 5's factual entertainment portfolio. 

The relaunch reminded me of how much I enjoyed the old BBC show and having more time to show how the challenge is going gives more emphasis on how hard it is for the volunteers to get it ready in the time frame.
I think part of the issue is 90 minutes probably feels a lot longer at 8.50pm than it does at 7pm.

I thought it was good, the only thing I kind of agree that doesn't work is in the leadup to the break the theme tune is in the background and and slowly creeps up to then be followed by another blast of the same part of the theme tune on the break sting, no need for both really.

I will keep on watching it as my mum's work place AGE UK is on one episode of the series.

I thought it was good, i liked the titles into it, the theme tune, agree the final logo does look a bit cheap, but its bold and stands out.
i liked they played the clips of the theme throughout, so you knew which show it was during it, as if you tuned in mid way, it could of been some other show doing diy sos type show, i also really liked near the end, they had a soft guitar version of the theme which I though was a really nice touch to it. see how other episodes pan out i guess but for me well done Channel 5 for brining it back

I thought it was great, if a bit padded out with some unnecessary elements such as the doggy photoshoot and the Cub Scouts drawing pictures. But I understand the budgetary reasons for stretching it to 90 mins.

Getting the original animator back in to create updated titles was inspired. I have a feeling the theme tune was recreated too as it did not contain the sound effects of the original titles and they went to the effort of producing new incidental music. The revival attempt in 2006 only had access to the 'dirty' theme with the title sound effects and they tried to incorporate those into the titles by having the whooshing effects match up with the logo form-up etc.

As has been said it might be the late time slot which makes it feel even longer, and it should be sitting in a a 7/8pm slot. Perhaps the aim was to avoid heavy competition from the other channels. A solid start with 900,000 viewers but I think this would have been higher in a different time slot and perhaps even on a different night.

It might do better tonight at 8.30pm - pushed back last week because Ant and Dec was (due to the rugby).

If it needed to run more than an hour to make it pay do wonder if splitting each challenge over two hour-long episodes might have made it more digestable.

Some of the oringal challenges the BBC did were 60mins long, add in a few ad breaks and it really does get you to 90mins.

However what is more annyoing is the fact they have a short sting leading up the ad break then repeat the same short sting for the ad break, then same sting for the break bumper, maybe that shoud be merged.

Ratings were down to 440k last night

Channel 5 treating their programmes with their usual respect I see.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

It's definitely the right decision though. The series so far has been really well received and it's being wasted in the Saturday night slot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whataday's post:
  • Milkshake