Challenge Anneka

(30-03-2023, 09:28 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  
(30-03-2023, 09:15 PM)XIII Wrote:  People online are such idiots, pulling a TV programme is not going to get you sacked.

True, but the defence of such actions is as bad.

Ultimately it’s not up to Twitter to sack people, he’s done nothing that is sack worthy. It’s like the whole debacle with Holly and Phil a few months back.

(30-03-2023, 09:35 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(30-03-2023, 09:28 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  True, but the defence of such actions is as bad.

Ultimately it’s not up to Twitter to sack people, he’s done nothing that is sack worthy. It’s like the whole debacle with Holly and Phil a few months back.

And what happened? ITV did nothing. Viewers let off steam. That's free speech.

(30-03-2023, 09:35 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(30-03-2023, 09:28 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  True, but the defence of such actions is as bad.

Do you work for Channel 5 or something? All you do is defend them.

(31-03-2023, 12:22 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(30-03-2023, 09:35 PM)XIII Wrote:  Ultimately it’s not up to Twitter to sack people, he’s done nothing that is sack worthy. It’s like the whole debacle with Holly and Phil a few months back.
Do you work for Channel 5 or something? All you do is defend them.

Just because I don't think Ben Frow should be sacked for something that is relatively minor doesn't mean I work for Channel 5.
[-] The following 4 users Like XIII's post:
  • benzj, Gary Baldy, London Lite, Otis Crump

According to Broadcast the next episode, the Age UK one, will air at some point during Dementia Awareness Week (week beginning 15th May), the other episode will be shown at some point in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Happy2001, Juicy Joe

I doubt the tie-in will help the viewing figures. Frew or someone else at Channel 5 has probably looked about for an appropriate time to reschedule the show and will be hoping that charities promote it in order that they (C5) can cut their losses.

(09-04-2023, 09:00 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  I doubt the tie-in will help the viewing figures. Frew or someone else at Channel 5 has probably looked about for an appropriate time to reschedule the show and will be hoping that charities promote it in order that they (C5) can cut their losses.

It's Frow, not Frew!
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • Former Member 406

(09-04-2023, 11:07 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(09-04-2023, 09:00 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  I doubt the tie-in will help the viewing figures. Frew or someone else at Channel 5 has probably looked about for an appropriate time to reschedule the show and will be hoping that charities promote it in order that they (C5) can cut their losses.

It's Frow, not Frew!
Sorry Ben!

(09-04-2023, 11:07 PM)XIII Wrote:  

It's Frow, not Frew!

I doubt he'll be bothered.

Challenge Anneka returns to Channel 5 on Sunday 14th May at 7.30pm according to TV Zone.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/challanneka-resumep1

This is a much better timeslot & day & a slot recommended by posters above. Interestingly, they've kept the programme at 90 minutes long & not renamed it as suggested.

It is up against the BAFTA TV awards & BGT though.