Demon Headmaster actor Terrence Hardiman dies aged 86

I was kidding at the suggestion his name was Mr D. Headmaster to be fair. Though them showing the "Mr D" part is correct

Though when they show them about to delete his name from the list a few seconds later (nowhere near enough time for any more names to scroll onto the screen), all the names are totally different

[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • bkman1990

I'm surprised there's been no tribute from Jack Straw. 

Fine actor, really sorry to hear of his passing. Didn't really watch the Demon Headmaster as I was starting to move away from watching CBBC at that time (because of my age!). I do remember him as Guy Lombard in an episode of Crime Traveller though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • Kojak, Nobby

(10-05-2023, 07:37 AM)Worzel Wrote:  I'm surprised there's been no tribute from Jack Straw.

Did you ever see them in the same room together? Cool

(09-05-2023, 08:48 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(09-05-2023, 08:08 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Understandable unfortunately. Delaying by a couple of years would mean the teenage cast aging out of their roles.

Sounds like something the Beano comic would do - the Bash Street Kids teacher is literally called Teacher, though the character previously known as Headmaster was later renamed to Mr Headington when they introduced a new headteacher (from the 2009 Dennis & Gnasher cartoon), and had the old character demoted to a PE teacher.

Yeah but that's more of a long running joke in The Beano isn't it?  They use that for all the characters they can get away with, so Dennis's Dad for example is actually called Dennis's Dad and Teacher's wife is called Mrs Teacher.

It was, yes, but they started giving characters realistic names a few years ago - Roger the Dodger's father is now called, of all things, Les Dawson (which makes his son Roger Dawson), I guess someone's a fan of the comedian? Dennis is a legacy character, and his Dad is called Dennis Menace Sr - the old "Dennis's Dad" is now a deceased Grandad. Minnie the Minx is now called Hermione Makepeace, and adult characters call her father Darren, not Minnie's Dad. The Bash Street Kids' Teacher is indeed still known as Teacher, though.