I’m A Celeb - South Africa

The location being the tagline is an odd choice - when I first saw it I thought it was literally the South African version of the show until I read up and found out it was the all-stars series.

Yeah, usually country names are used to denote foreign versions of shows. For example The Apprentice USA. I guess they decided to copy Survivor (the long running US version), which uses it's location as the season subtitle.

Not surprising that they have dropped the all stars from the title as it bigs up contestants too much and it gives the feeling of the show cashing in on the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • DeMarkay

I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here: Desert.

(26-03-2023, 12:42 PM)cable Wrote:  I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here: Desert.
It’s not in the Desert though. Maybe Dessert would make sense though!

(26-03-2023, 06:44 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  Not surprising that they have dropped the all stars from the title as it bigs up contestants too much and it gives the feeling of the show cashing in on the past.
More to the point, I think ‘All Stars’ or more often ‘All Star’ is often used a substitute for celebrity in programme title names. So I think the logic is that the name would suggest to some that the original show doesn’t isn’t ‘All Star’. I think the fact it’s set somewhere that is arguably a lot more impressive visually than the Aussie jungle is also a selling point.

I don't think all the celebs were named on SNT. On the promo on Virgin Media One, Ant & Dec are seen with a clipboard with photos of the announced "guests" plus a few questions marks in stars.

(27-03-2023, 01:25 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  I don't think all the celebs were named on SNT. On the promo on Virgin Media One, Ant & Dec are seen with a clipboard with photos of the announced "guests" plus a few questions marks in stars.

I think there will be late arrivals like in the original show.  Joe Swash, Gillian McKeith and several others were rumoured to appear.

twitter.com 

For a moment I thought they were using the arrangement of the theme music from the domestic Australian version of the show (which is filmed at this South African location)... But no, it's a new rendition isn't it? Albeit similar.

First impressions are that it looks great, but Ant and Dec's links 'feel' pre-recorded. There's none of the atmosphere in the studio from the normal series. I'd hoped they might go for more of an as-live feel.

And the 'South Africa' DOG in the studio is beyond redundant!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Brekkie

Just felt very flat. Over produced and dare I say the celebs are scripted. First series of this that I am going to not watch.