I’m A Celeb - South Africa

(25-04-2023, 09:13 PM)XIII Wrote:  Weirdly, this is the not the first IAC to be prerecorded, the Australian IAC precorded their version in 2022.

And 2020 & 2021 too, thanks covid.

That's probably why the UK producers decided it might work. Especially since at least two of those pre-recorded Australian series were done before the current British one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • TravisM

(27-04-2023, 10:10 AM)TravisM Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 09:13 PM)XIII Wrote:  Weirdly, this is the not the first IAC to be prerecorded, the Australian IAC precorded their version in 2022.

And 2020 & 2021 too, thanks covid.
Well the 2020 series wouldn’t have been pre-recorded as they’d have to had to of done it before Covid was going to be a thing.

I think people are being a bit unfair, I think that last couple of nights have felt like pretty normal episodes. Yes, maybe the links are a bit flat but that just shows why they’re justified in usually doing it live.

The other thing is it’s a completely bonus series, this was just the back up plan in case Australia didn’t work out last year. It probably wouldn’t have been commissioned any other year.

What I don’t like is how it just ends with no final link from Ant & Dec, seems a bit jarring and not in keeping with the rest of the live feel they’re attempting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • IanJRedman

Disapointed there's no equivalent to Kiosk Keith/Kev/Cledwyn to slam the shutters down in front of the campmates' faces.

Though they'd annoyingly got rid of that on last year's series anyway.

Is the AD logo at the beginning in the top right corner new??

(27-04-2023, 10:50 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Disapointed there's no equivalent to Kiosk Keith/Kev/Cledwyn to slam the shutters down in front of the campmates' faces.

Though they'd annoyingly got rid of that on last year's series anyway.

I’m quite liking how the format has just been thrown up in the air, with none of the usual schedule of events and stuff happening at unpredictably at random

One thing I've noticed about this South Africa series is that it's a Multistory Media co-production with Mitre Studios. Is this a first for Celeb?

(03-05-2023, 11:15 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  One thing I've noticed about this South Africa series is that it's a Multistory Media co-production with Mitre Studios. Is this a first for Celeb?

It’s Lifted Entertainment, not Multistory.

A very muddy cyclone this time around. And clearly not using the high speed cameras they usually use to film the cyclone either, as all the slow motion shots are very choppy.

(11-05-2023, 10:20 PM)James2001 Wrote:  A very muddy cyclone this time around. And clearly not using the high speed cameras they usually use to film the cyclone either, as all the slow motion shots are very choppy.

I wonder if the version filmed in South Africa usually has a cyclone, or if they had to build it afresh just for us