Scared of the Dark

(21-04-2023, 08:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I do think it was really good and very much had Celeb BB in the Dark vibes. Whether there is enough to sustain a second series I'm not so sure, but then people said that about Big Brother as well.

They could have got an extra episode out of it if they'd kept the episodes to an hour (series having episodes of varying length is an irrational annoyance of mine!) but not sure the content was there across the 8 days (well 7 and a half) to sustain much more, although perhaps there is another hour out of unaired Gazza stories that might be worth a watch. Feel a reunion episode at the end would have been nice too.

Big Brother was never not going to be recommissioned when Channel 4 knew what they had. From series 2 onwards, it was less about the social experiment aspect and more about generating media coverage. A bonus from the first series in that respect was Nick Bateman's negative portrayal in the media for cheating. It no doubt convinced many contestants thinking of trying to win the game at all costs not to. I don't think the show would have lasted so long had that stuff not been nipped in the bud early on. Aside from that, people setting out to be awful to others is the lowest form of "entertainment".

As for Gascoigne, it wouldn't be right for anyone to have the show be about them let alone someone in his situation.