Paul O’Grady Has Died

What a life led. A master of language, quick-witted, a great campaigner, a genius broadcaster.

A huge loss.
[-] The following 11 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, DeMarkay, Happy2001, JamesWorldNews, Kojak, L1_, Ma76, orange, Spencer, UTVLifer

Very sad. Rip Paul you're be missed

"Times are hard and friends are few."
A lot of people will be feeling like they have one fewer this morning.
Marvellous man, big, big loss.
[-] The following 8 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, DE88, Gary Baldy, jaymadz, Kojak, L1_, Spencer

Dumbfounded. He had passion and heart. RIP

For the Love of Dogs was such a warm, gentle series, I've really enjoyed watching it in recent years. Such a terrible shock.
[-] The following 6 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, CocuGrimshaw2001, DE88, Gary Baldy, Ma76, UTVLifer

ITV are replacing The Chase with For The Love of Dogs Royal Special at 5pm. No doubt they've chosen 5pm as a tribute to the afternoon timeslot he dominated for years.
[-] The following 10 users Like gottago's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, CocuGrimshaw2001, DE88, DeMarkay, Ma76, RDJ, Score, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Of course, unless they already have another series in the can, that show won't now be back. It was a vehicle for him so it'll be cancelled.

I did think we wouldn't be hearing this news for another decade or two. He'll definitely be missed.
[-] The following 5 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, DeMarkay, Ma76, UTVLifer

(29-03-2023, 11:03 AM)gottago Wrote:  ITV are replacing The Chase with For The Love of Dogs Royal Special at 5pm. No doubt they've chosen 5pm as a tribute to the afternoon timeslot he dominated for years.

Happy coincidence I can imagine, they don't really have the space of anything post-6pm as it's soap packed & then a new drama.

I do believe they have another series of For The Love of Dogs in the can. Was always going to be interesting where they scheduled that as the old 8pm weekday slot is gone - presumably it'll sit nicely on a Sunday night.

Sad news this morning, I've always been a fan of his work & saw him in Pantomime a few times where he was an absolute hoot alongside Julian Clary.
[-] The following 5 users Like Ash101's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, DeMarkay, Ma76, UTVLifer

For The Love Of Dogs replaces The Chase tonight at 5 on ITV1 as a tribute
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay

gottago had already posted that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Superman1986