News themes that refuse to die

Ukrainian newscast TSN is still a used theme since 2000 that refuses to die.
youtu.be 
Moreover, a variation of the theme from 2008 has gone viral on TikTok, in POVs like "My bff and I share news about our universities" or "gossip about someone"
youtu.be 
And the latest variation from 2022, is a remix of the 2016 variation. However, the 2020 variation is still used in the outro.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Yurii1256's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, W. Knight

(03-04-2023, 12:12 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(01-04-2023, 07:13 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Ahhh, this wonderful piece was also used by I believe Euronews from the ITN era though I can't find an example. Where are you @itsrobert ?

youtu.be 
I have been trying to find an example too, but alas, to no avail. It is called 'News Gathering' and was composed by none other than Alan Hawkshaw. 

www.youtube.com 

That's it! Thanks! 

I also cannot locate an example where it featured in Euronews but it most certainly did. I distinctly remember feeling confused when I heard it. Unbeknownst to me at that point was that ITN were involved in Euronews to some extent.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Kojak, Rijowhi, Roger Darthwell

(04-04-2023, 11:10 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 12:12 AM)Kojak Wrote:  I have been trying to find an example too, but alas, to no avail. It is called 'News Gathering' and was composed by none other than Alan Hawkshaw. 

www.youtube.com 

That's it! Thanks! 

I also cannot locate an example where it featured in Euronews but it most certainly did. I distinctly remember feeling confused when I heard it. Unbeknownst to me at that point was that ITN were involved in Euronews to some extent.
I have definitely seen a video of that theme being used on Euronews too, but it must have been taken down (I searched high and low across YouTube).

ITV Yorkshire didn't change up it's news theme very often. I think Calendar's only ever had three completely different theme tunes - one used from 1968 to the mid 1980s, then another used from the mid 1980s to 2004, and then the generic one based on the national ITV News theme.

www.youtube.com 

The former USSR, and now the Russian Federation has only ever really had two main news themes

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

www.youtube.com 

The Tanzanian ITV Is still using the same theme since 1994
[-] The following 1 user Likes NB Guy's post:
  • Rijowhi

(05-04-2023, 01:33 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  There is of course TF1’s 20H bulletin which has had the same theme in varying compositions for 33 years:

youtu.be 

youtu.be 
And derived from the Jaws theme, would you believe!

(05-04-2023, 01:10 PM)NB Guy Wrote:  www.youtube.com 

The Tanzanian ITV Is still using the same theme since 1994

I think the Tanzanian ITV has more of an idea about logos/presentation than our ITV…🤣

Reminds me of Central in the 80’s.

TVAM's last news theme:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • PatrZDZ, Roger Darthwell

WPVI Phiidelphia have used the same theme since the mid 70s. (Bar a new version of Move Closer to Your World in 1996 which lasted for only TWO days before the 70s theme returned). That theme is now as much a Philadelphia landmark as the steps used for the scene in Rocky.

www.youtube.com