BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The BBC News website has a live feed running for Holly Willoughby’s return to This Morning

www.bbc.co.uk 

Is anyone taking bets on how far up the agenda the story will be on a) the world news bulletin at 12noon and b) the BBC News at One
[-] The following 7 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk, TVFan, UTVLifer

(05-06-2023, 09:37 AM)Andrew Wrote:  The BBC News website has a live feed running for Holly Willoughby’s return to This Morning

www.bbc.co.uk 

Is anyone taking bets on how far up the agenda the story will be on a) the world news bulletin at 12noon and b) the BBC News at One

I mean on BBC Two they went into breaking news to cover the statement.......while on ITV Holly said what she had to say, and they went on with the programme........
[-] The following 3 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83

The news channel and BBC Two left the Nicky Campbell show at 10am for breaking news presented by an unknown presenter in a cupboard. They’ve currently shown Holly’s statement twice and have Lizo Mizimba and a bloke in a polo shirt in the newsroom hostage position
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, London Lite, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Did all of the experienced editors of BBC News, with experience of reporting, you know, actual news, leave at the end of March?

I tuned in at 10:05am either expecting to see Nicky Campbell or some important breaking domestic or international news, to see a simulcast of Holly Willoughby on ITV??? And now they are rolling with it. Good grief, what on earth has happened to the BBC?

Seriously, who is this all for? Who gives so much of a toss about what is happening on This Morning but can't be bothered to actually watch This Morning?

(05-06-2023, 10:18 AM)DTV Wrote:  Seriously, who is this all for? Who gives so much of a toss about what is happening on This Morning but can't be bothered to actually watch This Morning?

I think at some stage, there'll be so few people watching that they'll have no option but to close the UK feed. The editorial calls made since the merger are beyond comprehension and the 'This Morning' story is just embarrassing.
[-] The following 12 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, James2001, Juicy Joe, London Lite, Quantum+83, Radio_man, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer, woodnorton

Radio_man Wrote:Did all of the experienced editors of BBC News, with experience of reporting, you know, actual news, leave at the end of March?

I tuned in at 10:05am either expecting to see Nicky Campbell or some important breaking domestic or international news, to see a simulcast of Holly Willoughby on ITV??? And now they are rolling with it. Good grief, what on earth has happened to the BBC?

They stayed with it until 10.15 and then switched to talking about Prince Harry. At least it didn’t air on the World feed this time.
[-] The following 6 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, interestednovice, Quantum+83

Blimey, neither of these things are of interest to most people in the UK.

They haven't watched them, and civil court actions are usually about as interesting as someone challenging a parking ticket.

This is "the media creating a story about itself" - it's really very boring. Angry

Rather like the back-slapping self congratulatory OSCARS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-06-2023, 10:08 AM)Andrew Wrote:  The news channel and BBC Two left the Nicky Campbell show at 10am for breaking news presented by an unknown presenter in a cupboard. They’ve currently shown Holly’s statement twice and have Lizo Mizimba and a bloke in a polo shirt in the newsroom hostage position
I understand being tough at editorial decisions but I don’t get the criticism some of the new presenters and reporters are getting by some members of the forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lobster's post:
  • chrisherald

Interestingly for some reason I saw yesterday’s NBC Nightly News and they had a ‘preview’ of the Harry case. So I guess it is seen as being some appetite for that story internationally.