BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(05-06-2023, 11:21 AM)Jon Wrote:  Interestingly for some reason I saw yesterday’s NBC Nightly News and they had a ‘preview’ of the Harry case. So I guess it is seen as being some appetite for that story internationally.
As I've already said, it's the media creating a story about itself.

It's extremely boring to the vast majority of the population.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald, Independent

(05-06-2023, 11:18 AM)lobster Wrote:  I understand being tough at editorial decisions but I don’t get the criticism some of the new presenters and reporters are getting by some members of the forum.

I agree.  I doubt it would ever surface in the public domain, but it would be interesting to see just what editorial guidelines the editors are currently working to on both the international feed and the UK opt.
[-] The following 3 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • Independent, interestednovice, lobster

Some actual news pres news - Focus on Africa is moving to... Africa

www.standard.co.uk 

(05-06-2023, 11:18 AM)lobster Wrote:  I understand being tough at editorial decisions but I don’t get the criticism some of the new presenters and reporters are getting by some members of the forum.

All the new faces just give the impression of temps and apprentices being left in charge after all the people who, to those looking on from the outside, knew how to do the job have been fired.    

Feel for Callum Tulley though - worked undercover for months and got his foot in the door as an undercover reporter on Panorama, and now reduced to reporting on what's being aired on This Morning.
[-] The following 13 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Spencer, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

The clip of Holly Willoughby on the One was credited to “Good Morning, ITV Studios”

Everything is just so slap dash on the BBC News at the moment

And what was with the 90 second delay in coverage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Quantum+83

(05-06-2023, 01:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  All the new faces just give the impression of temps and apprentices being left in charge after all the people who, to those looking on from the outside, knew how to do the job have been fired.    

Feel for Callum Tulley though - worked undercover for months and got his foot in the door as an undercover reporter on Panorama, and now reduced to reporting on what's being aired on This Morning.
The fact we haven’t seen them on air before doesn’t mean they haven’t been at the BBC for a while. Stop treating them as apprentices! It’s just rude.
[-] The following 2 users Like lobster's post:
  • chrisherald, SlimyTrain

(05-06-2023, 01:19 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The clip of Holly Willoughby on the One was credited to “Good Morning, ITV Studios”

Naga Munchetty also referred to the programme as "Good Morning" on Five Live a few weeks ago.

I think it's one of those relatively common errors made by people who don't watch the programme (or haven't for a long time), to the point that it's not an error that would be checked for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • UTVLifer

(05-06-2023, 01:19 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The clip of Holly Willoughby on the One was credited to “Good Morning, ITV Studios”

Feels like anyone who was remotely competent was sacked when the merger happened.

(05-06-2023, 01:52 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Naga Munchetty also referred to the programme as "Good Morning" on Five Live a few weeks ago.

I think it's one of those relatively common errors made by people who don't watch the programme (or haven't for a long time), to the point that it's not an error that would be checked for.

That's why the idea of rebranding it is a non-starter.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Quantum+83, UTVLifer