BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Does anyone know the rhythm or routine to scheduling these days?

No news at 10 last night, but NickyS on what I assumed to be a UK appy but from a studio?

Why no news@10 or WNA? Why opts from studios?

At around 09:15 UKT there was some sloppiness regarding the breakfiller - at first, after some pause for the World to opt-out, Samantha Simmonds started reading the next story, only to be cut by the red breakfiller. It appears that story, although about the UK, wasn't intended to be UK-only, as she once again read it after the breakfiller ended.

(25-03-2024, 09:28 AM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  Does anyone know the rhythm or routine to scheduling these days?

No news at 10 last night, but NickyS on what I assumed to be a UK appy but from a studio?

Why no news@10 or WNA? Why opts from studios?

Saturday and Sunday nights at 10pm always come from Studio C usually with the presenter who has been on since 6pm, with the network bulletin going out on BBC One only. Weeknights at 10pm is either News at Ten or WNA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice

Ben Brown making his return to the news channel on TWT right now.

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 13 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, TVHead, UTVLifer, Worzel

(25-03-2024, 03:28 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Saturday and Sunday nights at 10pm always come from Studio C usually with the presenter who has been on since 6pm, with the network bulletin going out on BBC One only. Weeknights at 10pm is either News at Ten or WNA.

Thats right. At weekends the News Channel doesn't take any of the BBC One bulletins as they are often at random times depending on the BBC One schedule/sport. So 10pm always done from Studio C on UK & Global feed. Weekdays the UK Channel will take 1/6/10 (unless football over runs).
[-] The following 12 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AndrewP, bai4943, bkman1990, interestednovice, lobster, Michael Wotton, oscillon, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

(25-03-2024, 03:28 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Saturday and Sunday nights at 10pm always come from Studio C usually with the presenter who has been on since 6pm, with the network bulletin going out on BBC One only. Weeknights at 10pm is either News at Ten or WNA.

Although I would imagine as well that the UK feed will get WNA until the UK clocks go forward unless they've decided to stop with that since the merger of the NC and WN.

(25-03-2024, 11:24 PM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  Although I would imagine as well that the UK feed will get WNA until the UK clocks go forward unless they've decided to stop with that since the merger of the NC and WN.
No, UK now gets The Context while World gets WNA. At 10pm UKT as UK feed has News at Ten the World feed has generic branded half-hour of BBC News with a separate (not The Context one) presenter.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice

Just an interesting thing I haven't yet seen, and to document it…

The Sport branded version of the Breaking loop
x.com 

As if to prove my point, I just saw the breakfiller playing out with the new music, but without the wooshes and thunderclap on the story changes...
[-] The following 4 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

This lunchtimes "celebrity squares" didn't quite go to plan. 5Love appeared a couple of times, the Master Control Room also twice not sure who was missing.
[-] The following 6 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, thePineapple, UTVLifer