BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(26-03-2024, 02:38 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  This lunchtimes "celebrity squares" didn't quite go to plan. 5Love appeared a couple of times, the Master Control Room also twice not sure who was missing.

"5Love", were they playing tennis? Big Grin

(26-03-2024, 10:47 AM)FactorFiles Wrote:  As if to prove my point, I just saw the breakfiller playing out with the new music, but without the wooshes and thunderclap on the story changes...

Think this might have been due to them becoming out of sync, when I last heard the thunderclaps yesterday morning, it was a good 3/4 seconds ahead of the story changing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • FactorFiles

Still baffles me someone at BBC News thinks these titles and endboard look good, though their no frills nature does means they can be updated for a specific story.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, LDN, oscillon, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Spencer

Altered opening titles for The World Today, featuring footage of the Baltimore bridge collapse and name checking both Maryam and Sumi Somaskanda "in Baltimore"
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85

(26-03-2024, 08:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Still baffles me someone at BBC News thinks these titles and endboard look good, though their no frills nature does means they can be updated for a specific story.

twitter.com 

It is indeed simple. And it means we’re able to now update the titles for big stories quickly.

A little flourish.
[-] The following 7 users Like Joeob's post:
  • arbrax, bai4943, bkman1990, chrisherald, Pompeytv, Reith85, Stuart

I think, on balance, I’d prefer something that looks polished, professional and befitting a major international broadcaster than have something customisable that looks like this dog’s breakfast.

(26-03-2024, 08:19 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Altered opening titles for The World Today, featuring footage of the Baltimore bridge collapse and name checking both Maryam and Sumi Somaskanda "in Baltimore"
www.youtube.com 

And no world today on the studio screens today. Just the generic BBC News one.

Is this permanent or just because of today's news? Does seem a bit strange if it's because of the news? Or some tech issues maybe?

Who knows what's the thoughts behind any pres decisions on BBC News

(26-03-2024, 08:36 PM)Joeob Wrote:  It is indeed simple. And it means we’re able to now update the titles for big stories quickly.

A little flourish.

Yeah I'm sorry, but just having an alpha channel enables something to easily have the imagery updated behind it. The actual quality of the graphics on top doesn't need to be paired back like this. Unless all the graphic elements are being live rendered for some reason, you could, for example, do exactly the same thing with the old World Today / Regional News style of graphics, and just have the same footage playing back in the background.

Even if you have the text live generated to enable changes to the endboard, you could still have a much more sophisticated video sandwidged between it and the footage in the background.
[-] The following 6 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, LDN, seenee, Spencer

(23-03-2024, 09:01 AM)Reith85 Wrote:  Paul Royall on Newswatch this week - there's a lot of the usual "Nothing to see here, we're doing a good job" spin from him about the News Channel. But he does say that next week, we'll be seeing smoother cut aways from the weather bulletins at the end of the News at Ten to Newsnight.

Tonight, after the end of a live OB on the Ten we got that sting with Mishal Husain’s voice saying “this programme continues on BBC One” before cutting into the new breakfiller that was introduced last week, until they were ready to join Newsnight.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85

(26-03-2024, 11:35 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Tonight, after the end of a live OB on the Ten we got that sting with Mishal Husain’s voice saying “this programme continues on BBC One” before cutting into the new breakfiller that was introduced last week, until they were ready to join Newsnight.

Out of interest, did the breakfiller have the 'wooshes a thunderclaps' with the story changes? It kind of feels like in this present environment the kind of thing they could just completely abandon if it creates the slightest friction with implementation. But it's a nice touch.
[-] The following 4 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Rolling News