BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

That sounds like a reason but wouldn't Salford continuity in primetime at least be done away from the news gallery now they have a dedicated announcer for the North?

No, not at all - the NWT opts are all still news opts just like any other region, nothing to do with Red Bee in terms of announcements.
[-] The following 7 users Like steve's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, lookoutwales

I hope that when the channel returns to E, the longer intro is restored (not neccesary the one with the newsroom pan, but at least the World News length). The intro which is used now is too short and the music doesn`t suit it well. It would be better if they shortened the headlines instead.
Oh, and it would be even better if the intro is re-rendered with the placenames on reith like the breakbumper and the screens on the studio but i shouldn`t have my hopes too high.
[-] The following 4 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, kookaburra, UTVLifer

BBC News currently airing the CBS News Special Report on OJ death.
[-] The following 2 users Like freeview87's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon

Even now I struggle to believe how they could have made the breakbumper and the screens in the studio look so lovely yet the main titles so botched and rough.
[-] The following 13 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, JamieD, kookaburra, Lec_Ver16, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Spencer, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(11-04-2024, 04:21 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  I hope that when the channel returns to E, the longer intro is restored (not neccesary the one with the newsroom pan, but at least the World News length). The intro which is used now is too short and the music doesn`t suit it well. It would be better if they shortened the headlines instead.
Oh, and it would be even better if the intro is re-rendered with the placenames on reith like the breakbumper and the screens on the studio but i shouldn`t have my hopes too high.
I'd actually hope they'd be replaced completely by then, but heck, I was hoping for that with the move to Broadcasting House in 2012. The look is now 5834 days old, with the odd tweak along the way. They must have been played out around 140,000 times in their various guises.

Assuming they won't be replaced if anything just cutting them back completely to the short sting version which at least feels a bit newer and fits the chameleon branding better would probably be better.

(11-04-2024, 04:39 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Even now I struggle to believe how they could have made the breakbumper and the screens in the studio look so lovely yet the main titles so botched and rough.

What do you mean by the screens in the studio?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(11-04-2024, 04:49 PM)Moz Wrote:  What do you mean by the screens in the studio?

The globes that are shown on studio B and C. They were clearly re-rendered (practically there aren`t shades of orange anymore) and the new logo fits them well. For some reason, the intro wasn`t changed to this version. Even some regions (like Scotland) re-rendered the globe on their intros.
[-] The following 4 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(11-04-2024, 02:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  wouldn't Salford continuity in primetime at least be done away from the news gallery now they have a dedicated announcer for the North?

Don’t forget, BBC One (Network) North is actually a hot standby for BBC One ( Network) London and has to be ready to go out UK-wide at a moment’s notice. Therefore, it wouldn’t make sense to turn it into a feed used for introducing North West Tonight - other Northern regions have to opt out of it to do their own announcements and, if their opt failed, instead of a generic network announcement, viewers elsewhere would get a potentially confusing announcement.

It does make more sense for the Salford news team to handle NW regional announcements just as other regions do.

It equally makes sense to simplify their setup temporarily whilst work on their new studio is ongoing. After all, very few viewers would notice a loss of regional continuity at all - and even fewer would detect the difference between regional (but generic) announcements and fully-personalised regional announcements.

I got used to watching BBC One HD for years before it was regionalised and hardly felt I was “missing out” on regional announcements!
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, lookoutwales, UTVLifer

(11-04-2024, 04:48 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'd actually hope they'd be replaced completely by then, but heck, I was hoping for that with the move to Broadcasting House in 2012. The look is now 5834 days old, with the odd tweak along the way. They must have been played out around 140,000 times in their various guises.

Assuming they won't be replaced if anything just cutting them back completely to the short sting version which at least feels a bit newer and fits the chameleon branding better would probably be better.

If they are replaced, it'll probably be more of the truly stunning red circle animations they've been wowing us with lately. Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer