BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(14-04-2024, 01:11 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That’s very likely. Geeta Guru-Murthy and Maryam Moshiri presented the two morning slots today on the NC who I imagine were brought in due to the Israel-Iran story, and I guess Matthew will also be on the NC this afternoon.

Who was put on the subs bench? It must be a bit disheartening to be taken off air when a big story comes along.

Newsday 11pm hour scrapped for Lukwesa in London.

(14-04-2024, 04:55 AM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  With the move to Salford, Studio B will be used for just 2 hours a day + sundays with Kuenssberg.
I think that the studio should be used again (like the first days at NBH) for some new branded programmes on BBC News Channel. And i mean real programmes and not generic newscasts like News Now or Verfied Live.
The rest of the day (minus the Salford slot and overnights) could be from Studio E with opt-outs from the UK feed from Studio C. That would be the best scenario.

That would make the move to Salford pointless. The whole purpose is to save money on crewing costs.

Studio B, particularly, is very crew intensive.
[-] The following 5 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer

Politics Live came back today with a modified intro. Still has the old BBC logo in the studio.

(15-04-2024, 12:17 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Politics Live came back today with a modified intro. Still has the old BBC logo in the studio.

I noticed the new shorter intro titles, short titles seem to be in vogue at BBC News. They had been using the new logo in the backdrop, I guess someone pushed the wrong button today!

(15-04-2024, 07:21 AM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  That would make the move to Salford pointless. The whole purpose is to save money on crewing costs.

Studio B, particularly, is very crew intensive.

It makes you question even more the thinking behind the whole upgrade to B. The expense to upgrade it in the first place for what will be 2 30min bulletins a day when the news at 1 moves seems a massive waste of money.

Surely it would have been far cheaper and made more sense to upgrade E so it was of a similar design to the breakfast/sport studio with the newsroom background.

I also don’t see the difference it makes moving the one to Salford on the actual program. Apart from having a different background image (although I can see them using the usual newsroom background) what difference does it make? I know people will argue that it means the everything isn’t produced in London but to be honest does that really matter about a news bulletin. Id rather drama and other shows showcase all parts of the UK. Also we’ve gone from everything being done in London to now London or Salford. That doesn’t sound very UK wide to me.

You then have to question the £1bn spent on New Broadcasting House which was all about saving money by sharing resources by bringing bbc news all under one roof. It’s already now not being used overnights and now not used at lunch times that’s a lot of money having been

I just think at time of cuts things like this waste money for nothing more than a box ticking exercise and which makes minimal impact on what you see on screen

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

(15-04-2024, 01:22 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I also don’t see the difference it makes moving the one to Salford on the actual program. Apart from having a different background image (although I can see them using the usual newsroom background) what difference does it make?
Presumably it means that the Six and Ten will share one single set of crew, rather than needing additional staff to cover for the One.

Meanwhile One will likely share crew with Breakfast, or possibly the sports bulletins on the news channel. With Breakfast being extended by 15 minutes (and the One being extended to an hour) I imagine their/Salford's budget was probably increased to cover the additional staffing resources needed.

It would be nice if the freed up One crew were reused on the News Channel to provide a proper UK opt services during the daytime, however that's probably wishful thinking. Speculating, but I wonder if the new arrangements also make it easier should the 10 ever get extended to an hour if/when Newsnight seemingly inevitably gets axed.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Stockland Hillman, UTVLifer

Does BBC London use the studio for it's lunchtime news, or is that still in D, which TBH looks better IMO anyhow.

I agree moving the One does make the Studio B revamp look somewhat short sighted.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer

(16-04-2024, 01:16 PM)Moz Wrote:  I’ll just leave this here…

I don’t really know if I’m right, as you can’t see a lot, but it looks like the catwalk screens have been replaced to me. The old screens seemed to have more of a bezel, and what you can see of the panel here seems a bit brighter than previously. More characteristic of LED screens.

Unless it’s all just the angle of the photo?
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(16-04-2024, 01:44 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I don’t really know if I’m right, as you can’t see a lot, but it looks like the catwalk screens have been replaced to me. The old screens seemed to have more of a bezel, and what you can see of the panel here seems a bit brighter than previously. More characteristic of LED screens.

Unless it’s all just the angle of the photo?

Looks like new screens on the catwalk to me. Disappointing that they haven’t updated the desk to match what is in studio B. Surely that wouldn’t have broke the budget…