BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I can`t believe that i didn`t get to see the images on all the three times that they posted them.

It`s a pity that they didn`t change the screens on the catwall. For me, that was the most necessary change on the studio.
[-] The following 6 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chaose, chrisherald, Chud, interestednovice

You would think they are about to debut a brand new, never before seen studio, instead of the good old studio E with one screen turned around.

Anyway, I can't wait for the studio to be back in action, and used properly, which will surely make the channel come alive. I expect the new vertical screen to be used as a standing position for the presenter. Was that path from screen to the desk always there?
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer, xlalonce

For those who weren't able to catch it on twitter/x - the Mirror website obliges www.mirror.co.uk 
[-] The following 14 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, bob, chrisherald, Jayesyn, matthieu1221, News76, oscillon, RhysJR, Scratch_Perry, Stuart, UTVLifer

(26-04-2024, 09:30 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  For those who weren't able to catch it on twitter/x - the Mirror website obliges www.mirror.co.uk 

Clickbait headlines about every single Tweet finally has its uses!!
[-] The following 10 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, bob, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Nige, Stuart, UTVLifer

(26-04-2024, 07:19 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Was that path from screen to the desk always there?
Yes, that path was always there, but now appears to be a darker colour, but that could just be my weak eyes. I wonder if they intend to show the full height if someone is standing next to the tower screen.

Perhaps it's further back than the old screen, as it looks as if it's positioned where the outermost Furio track was placed.

The previous horizontal screens were mounted on a see through stand to show the red barriers outside the studio in the newsroom.

(Source: BBC)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

Let's hope they improve the pushback screen soon. This from a short while ago is messy, due to the split screen layout in the main output, which clearly isn't designed for a pushback.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

I wonder whether they could simply overlay the QR code in the top right corner. In these instances where the main output is discussing the news item and there's no additional video feed, the pushback isn't really needed or helpful.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(27-04-2024, 07:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  Let's hope they improve the pushback screen soon. This from a short while ago is messy, due to the split screen layout in the main output, which clearly isn't designed for a pushback.
up.metropol247.co.uk 

I wonder whether they could simply overlay the QR code in the top right corner. In these instances where the main output is discussing the news item and there's no additional video feed, the pushback isn't really needed or helpful.

I’d love to know how many people scan the QR codes. It feels like quite an ugly and imposing thing to have on screen. Sky’s way of incorporating it into the straps is much neater.
[-] The following 12 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Alessi, AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, Frances, ginnyfan, GMc, kookaburra, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Stuart

Feels ironic that when the pushback is on, BBC News is not better than the quarter screen that BBC Parliament got all those years ago on DTT. No issue with signposting to other content as we're often about a multi device experience but I do wish the BBC could find a nicer way of displaying a QR code. Plus, if you're wanting people to read Laura Kuenssberg's thoughts, might it be useful to put a small headline/snippet to give people an incentive?
[-] The following 3 users Like Isonstine's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, thePineapple

This trailer is new to me - and it uses new music and pictures in blocks which animate a bit like the new BBC News service identifier over a simple background of red gradients.

youtu.be 

Thinking out loud... I wonder if similar animating pictures in blocks could be overlaid onto the new programme titles - which everyone has been saying are very simple - to create new titles. This would then be a reason for the simplicity of the graphics?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 17 users Like Moz's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bai4943, bkman1990, chrisherald, dvboy, Frances, ginnyfan, harshy, James, JosiahStuart, Michael Wotton, Reith85, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Stuart, UTVLifer

That promo plus the new breakfiller all feature better music and visuals than the ones currently used for the generic BBC News bulletins and branded programs, except for TWT.
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Moz, UTVLifer