BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Does Studio D have an additional pres gallery like other regions do (including Salford) or does Mosart mean that the same gallery can do Breakfast opts on minimal staffing?

Seem to have lost the News Now branding this afternoon.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, oscillon

(09-05-2024, 01:18 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Does Studio D have an additional pres gallery like other regions do (including Salford) or does Mosart mean that the same gallery can do Breakfast opts on minimal staffing?

No but it can work with varying levels of people according to programme complexity
[-] The following 7 users Like Deejay's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, Jayesyn, Steve in Pudsey, Stockland Hillman, UTVLifer

(08-05-2024, 12:58 AM)AndrewP Wrote:  This is really insightful, thank you! They do make it sound very seamless, I always knew they had to stop speaking at :29 and :59 past, but when I found out about the hard posts in other programmes, and of course the illustrated bulletin, I was surprised how I never noticed they always seemed to have a little pause or end a segment at the same time!
I think in all my time listening I've only ever heard three cock-ups with the hard posts, which is pretty good going.

When I was there (a good 15 years ago) the WS hard posts were

XX00 (programme menu)
XX01 (start of news bulletin)
XX04 (news bulletin opt out for partners)
XX06 (start of programme)
XX15 (trailer/s)
XX16 (start/continuation of programme)
XX29 (trailer/s)
XX30 (news summary)
XX32 (start/continuation of programme)
XX45 (trailer/s)
XX46 (start/continuation of programme)
XX52 (start/continuation of programme)
XX59 (trailer and TOTH sequence)
[-] The following 8 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, chaose, chrisherald, Independent, matthieu1221, Stuart, thePineapple

(09-05-2024, 03:51 PM)Moz Wrote:  Seem to have lost the News Now branding this afternoon.

And doesn’t it look better for it…!

Seriously, is it just me… drop the branded strands and just do BBC News?!
[-] The following 9 users Like steve's post:
  • Brekkie, Independent, ivlm001, Jayesyn, Lec_Ver16, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Spencer, Universal_r

For fans of "the BBC asked the BBC for comment but nobody from the BBC was available for interview", may I introduce to you (from Panorama last week, paraphrased for effect):

"The BBC's carbon credits which offset the flights we took to make this documentary about dubious carbon credits are also dubious, and we flew there to find out why. The BBC released a statement saying they are moving away from the carbon credits they used to offset this documentary about the carbon credits they used to offset this documentary."

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001zd68 
[-] The following 7 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, Independent, matthieu1221, Stuart, TVFan, xlalonce

The Business Today titles are inconsistent. The NY edition has an image of the NYSE after a ship and train. The London edition has an image of London after the same ship photo and a chip being made. But the Singapore edition consists of a ship and two images of chips being made. Shouldn't the Singapore edition have a Singapore skyline?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Independent's post:
  • chrisherald

(09-05-2024, 04:37 PM)Deejay Wrote:  No but it can work with varying levels of people according to programme complexity

Is that the same for the other studios? I'm thinking for the UK opt outs with a more flexible studio floor presumably it's possible to do something better than the current balcony locked off shot without needing more staff?

Think this looked cool. Some of the new effects are really bringing the channel more alive…

x.com 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Hadrien, oscillon, Reith85, SlimyTrain

It's Happy 25th anniversary to the now iconic David Lowe BBC News music which first aired back on the 10th of May 1999 ... I'm sure we all have a favourite version ...
[-] The following 18 users Like NickyS's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, arbrax, bai4943, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, DTV, JamieD, Jayesyn, LDN, matthieu1221, Moz, Quantum+83, Rolling News, seamus, Spencer, Stuart