BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 09:29 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I like the new sting.

[Image: vlcsnap-00003.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00006.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00007.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00057.jpg]

Well we got the old sting for UK viewers just now.

Also there was no transition from the Our World promo, straight to Ben in Studio E.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

^^^^^^
I have a feeling that the new break bumper showing the recreated BBC News globe on the World Feed may form part of the new refreshed titles for the 1, 6 & 10 bulletins on BBC One.

I think that is the best look of this rebrand so far. However, OTOH, my first impressions of this new rebrand of BBC News does look really poor so far. I hope the new chameolon elements get more of a look in as the day progresses.

The countdown does look terrible though without the red box on the screen.
[-] The following 6 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ittr, thevaran, UTVLifer

I'm not sure what people were expecting, based on everything that has been said so far a Chameleon version of the current countdown with a few more changes a bit later on are about it for now as far as the cosmetic changes go. With the name change on World News the big thing for this hour.

Very obvious differences in the content though, compared with what we're used to on the News Channel. I only saw the first few minutes but it seemed nicely pacy compared to what went before, it's a morning where the global stories would probably deserve to lead anyway so it's hard to see from what I've seen so far where domestic stories will be in the mix. "Live from London, this is BBC News" is a lot better than the nonsense about "viewers watching in the UK or around the world".

That newsroom position didn't look great from its first outing, though.
[-] The following 11 users Like Transmission's post:
  • Adam Till, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, Kojak, matthieu1221, oscillon, Plutobug, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:29 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I like the new sting.

[Image: vlcsnap-00003.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00006.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00007.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00057.jpg]

We're not getting these in the UK, its just the old globe breakbumpers and... not much else!
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, CF1, interestednovice, oscillon, Plutobug, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:21 AM)AntandDec_Fan Wrote:  Is that filler the NC filler or the WN filler?

World feed filler...

---

Btw I think it's time for this community to have a consensus on new terminology. The abbreviations NC and WN are officially defunct... We need to come up with new terminology to distinguish the two feeds...

For now I'll just use the term "UK feed" and "World feed"...

Also, it seems the UK feed is not yet integrated into Red Bee. The continuity including weather, promos, countdown are still handled by the active galleries in NBH... Not sure if they'll integrate into Red Bee in long term...
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • chrisherald, thevaran

(03-04-2023, 09:25 AM)Mattrt Wrote:  Why did we get that filler on the World News feed? What happened on the UK feed?

The same filler.
And no new stingers.
As if World and UK are still operating separately.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-04-2023, 09:30 AM)Mattrt Wrote:  Does anyone know why they’re not showing the flagship shows like Breakfast, 1, 6, 10 & Newsnight on the World Feed?

As an Aussie watching BBC News, I expect UK centric content. So frustrating we don’t get those programmes. Loved watching them when I was in the UK.

I think this was discussed on the previous thread, where some would argue that airing the domestic bulletins globally would be a waste of licence fee money.

I assume SBS and NHK may be paying BBC News to re-broadcast the bulletins.
[-] The following 9 users Like bakamann's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Michael Wotton, Plutobug, thevaran, TVFan, UTVLifer

The newsroom looks super busy, as you would expect on a day like this!

[Image: vlcsnap-00015.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00040.jpg]
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, CF1, Charles, chrisherald, interestednovice, thevaran, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 09:30 AM)Mattrt Wrote:  Does anyone know why they’re not showing the flagship shows like Breakfast, 1, 6, 10 & Newsnight on the World Feed?

As an Aussie watching BBC News, I expect UK centric content. So frustrating we don’t get those programmes. Loved watching them when I was in the UK.
They’re not really relevant to most World viewers. It is (or was) BBC World News, after all. Newsnight has been shown on there in the past, though, typically as a weekly ‘best-of’ compilation.

I actually do sense some noticeable differences in content and running order, at least compared to what we'd usually see on World. Particularly:

- The top of every half hour, so far Ben has said "Live from London, this is BBC News. I'm Ben Thompson." A simple line that feels fresh and powerful.
- I thought the headlines did feel a bit quicker than usual.
- Lots more live presence with near-constant live talkbacks with correspondents and guests. I don't think we saw a single piece of tape in the first half hour until the PKG on the Dover border issues at 24 minutes past.

This feels much more urgent and rolling than the last few years of BBC World, which relied a lot on the usual routine of taped reporter pkg, live talkback with a guest, lather, rinse, repeat. I can also see why, given all the increased live elements, they needed some time to rehearse.
[-] The following 10 users Like Charles's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, ginnyfan, interestednovice, Kojak, matthieu1221, thevaran, UTVLifer