BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Surely they could have fixed the newsroom ring that has the broken monitor in time for this?

This new position in the newsroom is absolutely ridiculous when the bulletin is coming from the newsroom studio.

PRES: 'X joins me now live from the Newsroom. What on earth is that about?

At least wait until E is taken off air before introducing that pre advertised 'gimmick'. Both correspondents sat on a chair in front of a vertical screen displaying a story they've written is not progression.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Kojak

I was imagining the BBC newsroom interview would be something like what Euronews is doing, but they all just use the BBC News website screen as background. Can't they just do their interviews in the studio?
[-] The following 2 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, thevaran

I really don’t hate the format so far - more of a sense of ‘live’ reporting and more in-depth analysis from correspondents, over slow-paced reports full of vox-pops and clips, is a good thing for a news channel I would say. It also helps differentiate it more clearly from the network bulletins and Newsnight, which provide more of a sense of overview.

Increased focus on events in Russia and Ukraine isn’t problematic to me, as these stories are still obviously relevant to UK viewers and you would expect them to be prominent on a UK-facing news agenda. But the switches from teachers strikes in the UK (irrelevant to most international viewers) to ending the bulletin on the death of an indigenous leader in Australia feels very odd.
[-] The following 9 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, CF1, chrisherald, ginnyfan, JamieD, Plutobug, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 10:24 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  This new position in the newsroom is absolutely ridiculous when the bulletin is coming from the newsroom studio. 

PRES: 'X joins me now live from the Newsroom. What on earth is that about?

At least wait until E is taken off air before introducing that pre advertised  'gimmick'. Both correspondents sat on a chair in front of a vertical screen displaying a story they've written is not progression.
I was expecting an Outside Source-style spectacular. Correspondents in front of a monolithic touch screen, standing and waving their arms about. Instead we have something from an early 2000s behind-the-scenes video. Maybe they're just playing it safe because it's the first day? Hopefully the proper innovations will come later.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Newsroom, UTVLifer

New ident on the World feed, same music:
"Now on BBC News - HARDtalk asks tough questions with people who are shaping the news"
[Image: 17071932b0eb6a5202c0179fe38d05fd.png]
The updated Red Bee ticker, yes, it's still more transparent than the NBH one. Yes, it still has the old problem of two logos overlaying together making the logo look very bold. Can we have some attention to detail please?
[Image: 3c2b0488643868235e07e8f2d4ba936c.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, House, LDN, oscillon, TVenthusiasm

BBC current affairs news. Ok.

Such a dull graphic.
[-] The following 5 users Like damian's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, House, Jayesyn, LDN

I'd take the hostage looking reporters over the touch screen gimmicks.

The new BBC Ident into taped programming is quite bland, compared to what we had before.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer

The blip is good but I think they can change the background to the gradient one.
[-] The following 7 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, mokked, oscillon, Plutobug, TVenthusiasm

www.youtube.com 

WHAT THE HELL? For some reason, Red Bee decided to slap this DISGUSTING strap on the South Asia feed whenever there's ANY slightest bit of new branding elements - from the new chameleon promos to tickers to lower thirds during bulletins and pre-records. The ident announcer voice is also cut from the South Asia feed to avoid references to the new "BBC News" name.

WHICH GENIUS FROM RED BEE thought this was a good idea? OH MY GOD I feel like my feed got censored by CCP in bruteforce because they're some "sensitive" wordings in the lower-thirds... This is just SUPER BRUTAL to watch!

The ONLY reason I think they're doing this is because haven't rebranded yet in the South Asia area. They're still airing promos with the old logo.

Apologies for my overreaction but I've never seen something so hideous executed by the BBC before...
[-] The following 11 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Ittr, matthieu1221, oscillon, Ste, thevaran, TVFan, UTVLifer