BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 10:54 AM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  -Having the presenter say "live from London" seems to miss the beat, it should be a proper voice over.

"Live from London, this is BBC News. I'm Ben Thompson" sounds a bit disjointed to me. A more natural way of saying it would be "This is BBC News from London. I'm Ben Thompson". Or, if they insist on the word 'live': "This is BBC News, live from London. I'm Ben Thompson". Surely the emphasis of the sentence should be on BBC News, rather than 'live from London'?
[-] The following 7 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, Independent, thevaran, UTVLifer

The countdown really doesn't work with the new Chameleon style, the split BBC News logo and the timer in the middle of the screen looks visually messy and ugly frankly.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 12 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Charles, damian, itsrobert, LDN, matthieu1221, Plutobug, SomeRandomStuff, TheGregmeister, thevaran, UTVLifer

Ben continues at 11:00 for the third hour, welcome weird scheduling as some of the fab five is going to have a two hour shift apart from Christian.

I do not like the countdown being this big and at the center. It really obscures the view of the journalists on location. Would've been neater if they had BBC NEws together at the top, clocks at the bottom and empty center to view the jouirnalistic highlights.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, UTVLifer

It's not everyday that you see the countdown using milliseconds and not frames per second.

I understand the frustration and the disappointment, although there's not much we can do other than voicing our opinions.

Those countdowns on the World feed has better quality than the UK feed… What’s on World is much sharper.

[Image: 1680516187_784077536.png]

[Image: 1680516227_1160476023.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Frances's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, CF1, JosiahStuart, Plutobug, TVenthusiasm

(03-04-2023, 11:01 AM)itsrobert Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:54 AM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  -Having the presenter say "live from London" seems to miss the beat, it should be a proper voice over.

"Live from London, this is BBC News. I'm Ben Thompson" sounds a bit disjointed to me. A more natural way of saying it would be "This is BBC News from London. I'm Ben Thompson". Or, if they insist on the word 'live': "This is BBC News, live from London. I'm Ben Thompson". Surely the emphasis of the sentence should be on BBC News, rather than 'live from London'?
At the TOTHs, Ben has just said 'Live from London, this is BBC News' and then introduced himself after the titles. I agree with @Former Member 237, a voiceover would be good. I've always liked intro voiceovers - they make the programme feel a bit more 'grand'. Sky's in particular was iconic - never understood why they dropped it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Stuart

Azadeh Moshiri meanwhile confirms that night shifts from NBH are history.
twitter.com 
[-] The following 11 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jimbo2022, JosiahStuart, Plutobug, Quantum+83, thevaran, thomash79, UTVLifer

Also rather ironic to emphasise that it is broadcasting from London, after years of the BBC trying to play down any idea to UK viewers that it, or its news gathering operation, is London-centric.
[-] The following 15 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Charles, chris, chrisherald, DeMarkay, GMc, itsrobert, negredo, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Radio_man, SuperSajuuk, thomash79, Universal_r

Oh my god those news clips from nations and regions during the 1-minute break - titled Across the UK - are some short news videoclip which are normally made for the BBC News website…
[-] The following 7 users Like Frances's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Plutobug, Stuart, thevaran, watchingtv

‘You’re watching BBC News’, followed by a bumper and then an abrupt (and abridged?) VT report from a region is… a curious choice.