BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Is there a reason why News at One hasn’t moved into B. I thought the pilots the last couple of weeks were preparing for this?
[-] The following 5 users Like Alx321's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, GMc, Plutobug, UTVLifer

Here's the News at 1 titles:

up.metropol247.co.uk 

Also apologies for the BSL signer at the start - this was recorded from the News Channel iPlayer feed.

(03-04-2023, 12:46 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Yalda in the hostage seat!

At least Lucy announced that Yalda will have her program later in the day.

(03-04-2023, 01:07 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Is there a reason why News at One hasn’t moved into B. I thought the pilots the last couple of weeks were preparing for this?
Those were not One in B pilots, those were Studio C maintenances.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

NAO is looking dreadful. Very odd having the BBC News text in the centre and the numeral to the right. Even stranger that they've chosen not to use the shorter titles that they've used when in Studio B. The trundle-cam and studio pan look quite bare without a logo of any sort present.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff

I really do get 'The Gallery' comments for the titles, seeing them on the One really did look like one of those 'rigid uniformity' mocks where somebody had copy and pasted an image off TV Live, cropped it a bit and stuck on the Chameleon branding.

It's particularly jarring considering the blip sting and the screen graphics are a reasonably high-quality recreation/slight evolution of the old globe - why they haven't already modified them into a short title sting just seems odd. I assume something like that is the end goal, so why add a crappy compromise stage. I know it takes time to make such graphics, but, if they're not ready, just wait.
[-] The following 8 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chris, chrisherald, Ittr, Jeff, Michael Power

(03-04-2023, 01:04 PM)AxG Wrote:  Those updated BBC News at One titles with the Reith '1' didn't last long, a day or two?
[Image: BBCNewsat1.jpg]

I mean... well... what... how... why... this is just a bad dream, surely. We'll all be pinched and told its a late April fools?

The One also lacked the wipes between stories.
[-] The following 6 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, CG92, chris, Ittr, Jeff, Juicy Joe

New BBC News at 1 titles here:
www.youtube.com 

Not much change other than the new BBC News logo being placed on the existing titles.

(03-04-2023, 01:09 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  NAO is looking dreadful. Very odd having the BBC News text in the centre and the numeral to the right. Even stranger that they've chosen not to use the shorter titles that they've used when in Studio B. The trundle-cam and studio pan look quite bare without a logo of any sort present.

May be it is due to gallery - Studio B gallery does the short title sequence, while Studio E gallery utilizes longer titles with trundle cam.

(03-04-2023, 01:10 PM)Worzel Wrote:  The One also lacked the wipes between stories.

Same for wipes - Studio E gallery might not have them in their library. Remember how they ditched the Context and OS graphics when they were out of Studio C?
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 01:10 PM)Worzel Wrote:  I mean... well... what... how... why... this is just a bad dream, surely. We'll all be pinched and told its a late April fools?

The One also lacked the wipes between stories.

Maybe it's the other way around... Some insider read our speculations a few weeks ago and thought it's a good idea~ I just... refuse to believe the mere coincidence!
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn

(03-04-2023, 01:04 PM)AxG Wrote:  Those updated BBC News at One titles with the Reith '1' didn't last long, a day or two?
[Image: BBCNewsat1.jpg]
These Chameleon titles look like clips processed in multiple technical errors…
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer