BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

So why is studio E being used and why are the titles the old ones ? I thought studio E was meant to be out of action.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, James, Juicy Joe

(03-04-2023, 06:56 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 06:49 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Stepping back to look at editorial again for a moment, the UK optout this afternoon was excruciating - my understanding the 1400 start was to “prove a point” rather than for journalistic reasons, which is why you had poor old Sandford and Easton repeating themselves over and over again before anything actually happened at court.  There was other stuff going on domestically that could have been used as an opportunity to break away - I’m not sure we ever saw Rishi Sunak launching his grooming gang task force outside the 1, and the teacher strike announcement vanished by the time we passed lunchtime.  Clips and packages that had already run once could have been repeated to break up the monotony, but those choices weren’t made.
Starting at 2pm definitely wasn't 'to prove a point.' The sentencing hearing was due to start then, but was delayed because Cashman refused to attend the sentencing and so the whole thing got delayed.

If you had switched over to Sky you would have seen they were in a very similar position (though they only began at 2 after an advert break). I'm not sure they would have done anything different if they had been two split channels. It was painful to watch at times but that happens when covering live events which don't always go exactly as planned.
The Sky presenter and reporter were much more across the story in question. The BBC opt seemed so befuddled. Probably the worst scenario for them really- a rolling story which wasn’t rolling, and they couldn’t leave it in case it did
[-] The following 5 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, leewilliams, oscillon, watchingtv

(03-04-2023, 07:12 PM)harshy Wrote:  So why is studio E being used and why are the titles the old ones ? I thought studio E was meant to be out of action.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if C has broken down already.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Juicy Joe, UTVLifer

I am dreading to see what the News at 10 title card will look like - no doubt they will have left that RTS award badge in the left-hand bottom corner, making for a title card that is even more all over the shop than the others seen today.
[-] The following 3 users Like Reith85's post:
  • Bengsy, bkman1990, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 06:26 PM)Chud Wrote:  If this is the new schedule then we will get used to it, but it would be nice if they could increase the head count by 1 so we get the 9-12 shift filled with a presenter rather than the phone in. Or just air world feed.

That might require a little more than just a presenter

Accidental cut back to Yalda during the break just now.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

What is going on with the logo?

Why is it all black on the titlecard, red on the bumpers, white in the lower thirds and half-and-half on the in-studio screens?

Why is it so awkwardly and illegibly split in two on the main titles yet shown as a cohesive whole everywhere else?

By comparison this Chameleon refresh looks miles better:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 11 users Like freeaxe's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chris, chrisherald, GalxiSprout, Independent, James, Jeff, oscillon, Reith85, SirBiscuit45

(03-04-2023, 07:05 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 06:56 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  Starting at 2pm definitely wasn't 'to prove a point.'
It was, I can assure you - the 1400 optout today has been the talk of that newsroom for days to prove how “dynamic” and “agile” the new operation can be.
I'm sure it was preplanned. If it wasn't I'd be very worried as it has been in diary since the guilty verdict last week. But it was the kind of event that warrants an opt out. I was merely questioning your use of 'prove a point'. I think if it was merely to prove a point it would be a far less important story. That story has led most domestic news bulletins today.

(03-04-2023, 07:16 PM)Josh Wrote:  Accidental cut back to Yalda during the break just now.

Around the Uk or whatever they are calling it looks like was played from a server from the United States.

(03-04-2023, 07:01 PM)Josh Wrote:  "Live from London, you're live with BBC News"

In case we didn't know that's it's live, because it's definitely live!

Live is best. News isn't generally as good when it's been prerecorded a week in advance.
[-] The following 7 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • BBI45, EastCoast, James, Jeff, Juicy Joe, oscillon, thePineapple