BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 10:11 PM)harshy Wrote:  Has the Uk feed shown trailers properly? the one time I did catch it was for click but it had the gradient for the iplayer and no times.

All the trailers I've seen have pointed to iPlayer rather than a broadcast time. Probably best for programmes that go out multiple times per week and could be pre-empted for breaking news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • harshy

(03-04-2023, 10:07 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: image.png]

The motion on that looked really smeary and blurred. Embarrassing for a flagship, award-winning programme.

I agree - setting aside the layout, from a purely technical POV it looks absolutely terrible. Not sure what's happened but it smacks of someone getting the export settings wrong?!

Newsnight is being shown on BBC News Channel alongside BBC Two now, Leading into a not nice opt in point to Newsday just after Newsnight on the BBC News Channel.

I'm not that bothered by Chameleon title cards but that 10 does look terrible. What else can they stick to it???

Meanwhile, no changes on WNA, except for the new face. I like her. The program is in good hands.

[Image: vlcsnap-00002.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00005.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00007.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00009.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00011.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00006.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 10:14 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:07 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  The motion on that looked really smeary and blurred. Embarrassing for a flagship, award-winning programme.

I agree - setting aside the layout, from a purely technical POV it looks absolutely terrible. Not sure what's happened but it smacks of someone getting the export settings wrong?!

It looks like some problems about field interlacing…
It happens in all four new titles introduced today, and the blip played by the UK breaking news gallery.
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman

Apologies if this has already been answered but i couldn’t find it in this thread…

How is the overnight schedule to be split between Washington & Singapore? Do we know who the presenters are yet?

(03-04-2023, 10:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: image.png]

And that, my friends, really rounds the day off... for all the wrong reasons.

I'm going to bed now and will hopefully wake up tomorrow finding this has all been a bad dream!

(03-04-2023, 10:23 PM)Frances Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:14 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I agree - setting aside the layout, from a purely technical POV it looks absolutely terrible. Not sure what's happened but it smacks of someone getting the export settings wrong?!

It looks like some problems about field interlacing…
It happens in all four new titles introduced today, and the blip played by the UK breaking news gallery.
But how do these things make it on air? Where's the quality control? 

It's not like its a promo which has got a short life-span, these are the titles on the flagship bulletin on their flagship channel which will run day after day. Having said that, this is the corporation that persisted with the creation that was Oneness for 3 plus years.

From 2013 they've been butchering the LN title sequences on the domestic bulletins and news channel and made things worse and worse as time has gone on.
[-] The following 8 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, itsrobert, Ittr, James, LDN, QuinnTFP, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Not sure what the point of that explainer on the Ten being from the balcony was, haven’t they just moved into Studio B that has a touch screen for that very purpose?

Like other bits today was strangely shot, and also had the trendy, ‘camera cuts to another shot whilst the presenter continues to talk to the original one’
[-] The following 9 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, James, Jeff, LDN, octothorpe, oscillon, UTVLifer, woodnorton

(03-04-2023, 10:23 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I'm not that bothered by Chameleon title cards but that 10 does look terrible. What else can they stick to it???

Meanwhile, no changes on WNA, except for the new face. I like her. The program is in good hands.

[Image: vlcsnap-00002.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00005.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00007.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00009.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00011.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00006.jpg]

I see from those caps that the BBC News logo has been removed from the desk. That is strange considering it was Reith
[-] The following 4 users Like South's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, UTVLifer

The title cards are doubly frustrating because either of these would have been so much better.