BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 10:50 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:50 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  The Sportsday section on Huw’s wall was actually empty with no presenter? So a little strange they didn’t remove it?
[Image: image.png]
They are still struggling to fill that wall after two regions got axed.

Who’s the bottom one nearest Huw?

(03-04-2023, 10:57 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:50 PM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: image.png]
They are still struggling to fill that wall after two regions got axed.

Who’s the bottom one nearest Huw?
BBC Newsline
[-] The following 2 users Like TVHead's post:
  • Ash101, bkman1990

Newsline I think. They're the only region so far to opt for a desk rather than a sofa.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 5 users Like Josh's post:
  • Ash101, bkman1990, chrisherald, Plutobug, UTVLifer

Hi all, new user here so hello.

The whole point of the merger was to save money not to go out and spend more on a total rebrand/refresh.

New titles will come, probably next year or it will be drip fed like the other changes have been. I imagine it’ll be the latter so they don’t have to hire a bunch of people to do it.
[-] The following 7 users Like ka86's post:
  • AJB39, AntandDec_Fan, PJamo, Plutobug, Quantum+83, TVFan, UTVLifer

So the solution appears to be crashing into Newsday, now that really works well.
[-] The following 6 users Like South's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, oscillon, Plutobug, Reith85, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 11:06 PM)ka86 Wrote:  Hi all, new user here so hello.

The whole point of the merger was to save money not to go out and spend more on a total rebrand/refresh.

New titles will come, probably next year or it will be drip fed like the other changes have been. I imagine it’ll be the latter so they don’t have to hire a bunch of people to do it.
iirc the entire 2008 rebrand only cost £500k which is pocket change in tv budget terms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SomeRandomStuff's post:
  • GalxiSprout

(03-04-2023, 11:16 PM)South Wrote:  So the solution appears to be crashing into Newsday, now that really works well.

Not even a welcome to viewers in the UK, It's so obvious this is no longer a cared for thing. I wonder if Ofcom is taking a look at this mess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StreamingTV's post:
  • Brekkie

It looks like the Newsnight simulcast is played by the gallery used for UK breaking news opt - as there’s a blurred-looking blip after the programme…

Very messy then. The world version of BBC News mention "around the world and in the UK" and showed the Across the UK segment (on Hotbird anyway) but the UK feed hadn't joined yet (it was still on Newsnight).

Crashed back to Karishma Vaswani half way through the feature, she didn't say anything for about 5 seconds and then went to a reporter in NYC regarding Trump. Just as the reporter started speaking, the UK feed then crashed into it, first with no sound for a few seconds and then we started to hear the reporter speaking.

EDIT - I've recorded it and will post in a minute.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 7 users Like Ste's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, freeaxe, Plutobug, Reith85, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 11:03 PM)Josh Wrote:  Newsline I think. They're the only region so far to opt for a desk rather than a sofa.

Typical BBC Northern Ireland going against the grain!  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like PJamo's post:
  • AJB39, UTVLifer