BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 11:25 PM)South Wrote:  The BBC News at One, I was surprised to see Ben Brown presenting today, with the bulletin now being a BBC 1 bulletin, I would have thought for the first few weeks they would have stuck to the BBC One team, although it is the Easter Holiday. I also hope its an indicator that Martine and Anita may reappear at some stage in the future. 

Perhaps Ben is himself now part of the BBC One team? Would be good if so. Though nothing has so far been said either way, be it by him or anyone else.

(04-04-2023, 12:12 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 11:25 PM)South Wrote:  The BBC News at One, I was surprised to see Ben Brown presenting today, with the bulletin now being a BBC 1 bulletin, I would have thought for the first few weeks they would have stuck to the BBC One team, although it is the Easter Holiday. I also hope its an indicator that Martine and Anita may reappear at some stage in the future. 

Perhaps Ben is himself now part of the BBC One team? Would be good if so. Though nothing has so far been said either way, be it by him or anyone else.

Was it not mentioned by Reeta/Jane that they, along with Ben & Clive would be BBC One?

twitter.com 

(04-04-2023, 12:15 AM)news junkie Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 12:12 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Perhaps Ben is himself now part of the BBC One team? Would be good if so. Though nothing has so far been said either way, be it by him or anyone else.

Was it not mentioned by Reeta/Jane that they, along with Ben & Clive would be BBC One?

I think Reeta mentioned Jane & Clive, but not Ben. Ben does seem to do the One more than anyone else nowadays so would make sense if he is part of the network team.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, news junkie, oscillon, SuperSajuuk

(03-04-2023, 11:16 PM)SomeRandomStuff Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 11:06 PM)ka86 Wrote:  Hi all, new user here so hello.

The whole point of the merger was to save money not to go out and spend more on a total rebrand/refresh.

New titles will come, probably next year or it will be drip fed like the other changes have been. I imagine it’ll be the latter so they don’t have to hire a bunch of people to do it.
iirc the entire 2008 rebrand only cost £500k which is pocket change in tv budget terms.

Sounds like someone got ripped off. Ekk.

And Asia Business Report is back for the UK Viewers!

Unlike WBR, no "Business" ticker during headlines, general headlines style is maintained
[Image: image.png]

Karishma on the catwalk:

Location ticker for a recorded report from New York - WNA uses that one for their live remote contributions, records usually go without placecheck.

And for live interviews they used World's ticker even on the UK feed, with the additional clock.

Both tickers did not animate on appearance and disppearance (UPD. Noticed that Live ticker with time did animate on disappearance but not on appearance), so it looks like the active gallery might be somewhere around Singapore by now, as was announced.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990

After Asia Biz Report on BBC News, Across the UK airs, then after that report, BBC 3's The Catch Up comes on. [Image: vlcsnap-2023-04-04-00h46m15s281.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, UTVLifer

BBC3’s The Catch Up was shown between Asia Business Report and Sportsday…
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon

Quite like the headline strap without the logo, looks nice.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

ABR has always been like that since the Reith refresh in 2019... Seems like Singapore likes to do things their own way.
[-] The following 3 users Like InternationalDesk's post:

(04-04-2023, 12:53 AM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  ABR has always been like that since the Reith refresh in 2019... Seems like Singapore likes to do things their own way.
Singapore is also doing its own graphics for the 1am Newsday…
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post: