BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(04-04-2023, 01:01 AM)Frances Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 12:53 AM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  ABR has always been like that since the Reith refresh in 2019... Seems like Singapore likes to do things their own way.
Singapore is also doing its own graphics for the 1am Newsday…

Yes, they lacked BBC News logo during the headlines, just like ABR.
[Image: image.png]
Also, some cuts between those headlines looke a little bit... amateurish as they were too sharp, no fading in or away, just straight cut to and from rotating globe.

And there was an curiosity regarding date placement when using archival footage - instead of replacing Newsday ticker for several seconds, the date appeared above it.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(04-04-2023, 01:26 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 01:01 AM)Frances Wrote:  Singapore is also doing its own graphics for the 1am Newsday…

Yes, they lacked BBC News logo during the headlines, just like ABR.
Also, some cuts between those headlines looke a little bit... amateurish as they were too sharp, no fading in or away, just straight cut to and from rotating globe.

And there was an curiosity regarding date placement when using archival footage - instead of replacing Newsday ticker for several seconds, the date appeared above it.
Could this mean Singapore-produced live programs are no longer considered OBs?
[-] The following 2 users Like InternationalDesk's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

And... Sumi is back in a DC red-lit studio, with a generic BBC News branding and a fast intro seen previously in Studio C with Lucy!

She is the only one who did a PBS name check at the start: "Live from Washington, This is BBC News. Welcome to our viewers on PBS in America."
Christian Fraser also did acknowledge PBS viewers at 8pm hour, but at :25 when he said goodbye to them.

As far as I can see, DOG is standard, no peculiarities so far.

(04-04-2023, 01:50 AM)InternationalDesk Wrote:  Could this mean Singapore-produced live programs are no longer considered OBs?
I think the original plan was to switch fully overnight production of the combined channel to Singapore and Washington.
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Thank god they didn't slap that newsroom backdrop for the Washington studio
[Image: 880ffb4289630a3b2f461196565b6424.png]
[Image: ab91d1db07c774093521dd7534a69e96.png]
[Image: fb91963b1a321945f742f39474db2e91.png]
Given how smooth the graphics are, I'm fairly certain that the Washington bulletins are produced by London galleries. The short titles implies it's coming from Studio C.
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(04-04-2023, 02:08 AM)ALV Wrote:  Given how smooth the graphics are, I'm fairly certain that the Washington bulletins are produced by London galleries. The short titles implies it's coming from Studio C.

I initially thought that as they specifically prepped Washington for things to come and enhanced their presence there, they might have also imported the Studio C gallery graphics there as well (as this seems to be their most upgraded version, at least for now).

But it also might be that your theory is right and they just haven't fully completed the overnight transition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

(04-04-2023, 02:08 AM)ALV Wrote:  Thank god they didn't slap that newsroom backdrop for the Washington studio
[Image: 880ffb4289630a3b2f461196565b6424.png]
[Image: ab91d1db07c774093521dd7534a69e96.png]
[Image: fb91963b1a321945f742f39474db2e91.png]
Given how smooth the graphics are, I'm fairly certain that the Washington bulletins are produced by London galleries. The short titles implies it's coming from Studio C.
I’ve always thought that Washington can be independent of London (ala US midterms 2022), so I assumed that when the new channel was launched, Singapore Newsday would become an OB under Washington’s control.
[-] The following 1 user Likes InternationalDesk's post:
  • chrisherald

An unexpected feature to turn up during the 2am edition is - the panel, now of three.

The panel is expected to return in subsequent editions - Sumi said "We'll talk to you soon again" having spent more than half of the bulletin on their talking.

I really hope that it is just a one or two-off due to the dominating theme, and not a pattern...

Also Sumi said that BBC will bring "the full live coverage from New York of Mr. Trump's appearance in court" on Tuesday.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

BBC Three's The Catch Up from earlier this evening being shown as filler currently.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(03-04-2023, 06:20 PM)Josh Wrote:  The first outing of the journalism wall on the balcony during the Six: i.imgur.com 
I think the touchscreens are too big & too many, 2 will do just fine.