BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

It just constantly feels like they’re trying to fill time!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rew's post:
  • LargelyALurker

(04-04-2023, 04:50 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Here's The Guardian's take on the first day of the new operation

www.theguardian.com 

I love how this article mainly talks about how news channels are so long and rambling, without reaching any conclusions, whilst unironically itself being long and rambling, without reaching any conclusions! 

Does an alright job of describing fairly niche changes for a mainstream audience, mind.
[-] The following 4 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, freeaxe, UTVLifer

(04-04-2023, 05:33 PM)Renap Wrote:  Don't think anyone mentioned this but after Sportsday after the 1 o'clock news they went to Lewis Vaughan Jones in the broom cupboard up to the top of the hour, not sure if this is going to be a regular thing to keep the opt-out presenter occupied.

And that studio has also been getting used for the Trump coverage on the BBC website, although someone else has been presenting it.
It’s switched to Matthew’s coverage at 17:30, I guess it’s because the gallery will have the 6…

Appears the music has been muddled for the start of the News at Six

I still don't get why they have several sets of different titles running. I think some of us assumed it was because studio E didn't have the files or templates for the Chameleon-botched ones (studio E's gallery is also missing the new bottom to top wipes between the headlines/still uses the globe wipe and doesn't have the new style presenter-guest box graphics), but that didn't seem to be the case because at 5am in studio C, they were using the old longer boxed titles again.

I'm sure we were told by an insider that the new channel was launching full-time in C from 3rd April leaving E to be refitted at some point? Do we assume that there's been a last minute decision to use 2 studios for the time being - as that would explain why studio E's gallery doesn't seem to be able to 'do' the new elements available in C. Although why no one thought to make everything available in both is a mystery.

The other question is why is the One still coming from E and not B? That's another anomaly that sticks out like a sore thumb and even going to the trouble to 'Chameleon' the old newsroom titles and not take the opportunity to use the shorter versions as-used on the 6 and 10.

Why change the break bumpers to something that actually looks reasonable but doesn't match the legacy branding they still seem to be clinging on to like a child's toy?

Leaving editorial aside, the branding and look is just so, so disjointed. I know some people will say 'no one will notice, it doesn't matter etc', if that's the case - why bring in MLN to rebrand the news twice? Why not still use the 2007 clamshell titles? Why not just sit the presenter in a cupboard with no titles or elements at all? Consistency and looking professional is important. Would ITV or Sky News be outputting hacked titles like this if they had the chance? No. They wouldn't and never have.

It's severely damaging the look of the core brand. Whether a full new look is on the cards or not, the concoction resembling a jumble sale that's currently running really can't continue. They need to have a bit of a rethink and pretty quickly.

Not sure what happened on the Six but the wrong sound track played out. After the top story we had a sting then no bed for the rest of the headlines so when it switched to the nations and regions and kicked in it was very noticeable.

They would be better off with sticking to BBC News international on BBC News Channel UK in the 18:00 hour with the Trump cause, So a opt out takes over actual live news now shambles.
[-] The following 4 users Like StreamingTV's post:
  • bkman1990, eyeTV, oscillon, UTVLifer

As others have said, dodgy start to the Six.

As well as this, when Rita first began speaking after the titles she sounded somewhat quiet, and as she continued speaking there was a sound of shuffling faintly audible, presumably from the gallery.

(04-04-2023, 06:04 PM)StreamingTV Wrote:  They would be better off with sticking to BBC News international on BBC News Channel UK in the 18:00 hour with the Trump cause, So a opt out takes over actual live news now shambles.

While the coverage continues on the BBC news website

The flipper is back in action on the news channel!