BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Well great to be part of this forum, having enjoyed forums of the past.

Having watched the last 2 days and read all of the comments I have to agree with most. My thoughts are;

- Whilst I respect they may be running with reduced teams - there is NO excuse for not streamlining the same version of opening titles - despite whichever set is being used. The new titles are fine - but let's be consistent.

- The OPT IN/OUT moments must be addressed as soon as possible. The awkward presenter staring at the camera and waiting for a prompt makes the viewer cringe. Back in the era of The World Today they managed to streamline the opt in/out well, whilst also presenting UK news. A quick sting or graphic would be simple. If it worked back then... surely they will streamline this soon. The self-promoting presenter promos are lame. A break filler or market board would be better.

- As for content, I don't mind the mix of INTL and UK stories. I think the balance is good. This is naturally vary day to day, depending upon the day.

- Newsnight being simulcast on the news channel is just stupid. The clunky handover at the end was so poor.

Hopefully most of the above can be ironed out soon. I like the choice of presenters. The BBC really should utilise its global reach and appeal. I think this can be worked upon.

I thought the few hours presented from the DC studio was the best output.
[-] The following 4 users Like bbcworld24's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, thePineapple, TVFan

The BBC World News America broadcast on PBS  is using the new bumper for the sponsor tags at start and end

[Image: Screenshot-456.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, Superman1986

I’d love to know who the BBC Breakfast simulcast is supposed to be serving. If I wanted to watch breakfast, couldn’t I just turn on BBC One? I’d rather have the option to watch something different, personally.

You just know that "We're very pleased with how this week has gone" will be their line on this Friday's Newswatch - moved to the graveyard 11:30pm slot on the BBC News channel - when they wheel out Paul Royall or some other numpty who has the misfortune to remain at BBC News on there.

(05-04-2023, 06:29 AM)DAL1189 Wrote:  I’d love to know who the BBC Breakfast simulcast is supposed to be serving. If I wanted to watch breakfast, couldn’t I just turn on BBC One? I’d rather have the option to watch something different, personally.

At least it has BSL to offer something slightly different to BBC One.
[-] The following 5 users Like news junkie's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Kojak, oscillon, Reith85

We know the colours of the location names in two different Chameleon intros are different but there’re plenty more…

[Image: 1680678070_685572467.jpg]

The BBC blocks used in generic titles and those for bulletins are in different places - the latter ones are not even centre aligned.

Despite the blips are gorgeous, the NEWS text at the bottom is not in the proper Chameleon style location.

And they’re all rolled out on the same day.

How on earth this inconsistency was made?
[-] The following 6 users Like Frances's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, matthieu1221, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 08:02 AM)Frances Wrote:  We know the colours of the location names in two different Chameleon intros are different but there’re plenty more…

The BBC blocks used in generic titles and those for bulletins are in different places - the latter ones are not even centre aligned.

Despite the blips are gorgeous, the NEWS text at the bottom is not in the proper Chameleon style location.

Very nice earth pun, if intentional  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • bkman1990, Spencer, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 08:02 AM)Frances Wrote:  We know the colours of the location names in two different Chameleon intros are different but there’re plenty more…

It does seem like this refresh has been done by two separate teams. The blips, countdowns and trailers look lovely, but the titles are such a mish-mash of styles that they just look messy. As many have said the studio graphics would look infinitely better on the titles.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 2 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 08:09 AM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  

It really does seem like this has been done by two separate teams. The new countdown, blips and trailers look lovely and are consistent, but the titles are such a mish-mash of styles that they look too busy, and aren't even correctly aligned.

As many people have said, the top/bottom text doesn't need to be used for bulletin titles and the screen graphics would work so much better.
I wonder what we’re going to get at the beginning of the weekend bulletins. Dodgy

I am guessing Red Bee must go to a creative team of some sort to get the trailers idents designed because everything looks more designed on the global feed, the titles and graphics coming out of NBH must be an in-house job so they bodged it together.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer