BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Is this our second opt covering the contaminated blood scandal?

This is the first opt Ive seen, is it normal for the host to sound like she is at a busy train station? Lots of background noise.
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(05-04-2023, 11:32 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  This is the first opt Ive seen, is it normal for the host to sound like she is at a busy train station? Lots of background noise.

It is apparently Studio J which is on the balcony. It is believed the pres is sat in front of the monitor once used by Outside Source and before that BBC Weather. I'm not sure we've even seen a desk yet let alone a chair!
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 11:32 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  This is the first opt Ive seen, is it normal for the host to sound like she is at a busy train station? Lots of background noise.
Celia Hatton must be presenting from the balcony. Not sure why she has been put in front of a screen when she is very obviously in/near the newsroom. Though the set up does look a little bit better than it did on Monday.

(05-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  It is apparently Studio J which is on the balcony. It is believed the pres is sat in front of the monitor once used by Outside Source and before that BBC Weather. I'm not sure we've even seen a desk yet let alone a chair!
She does at least look as though she is sat down (whereas Lewis on Monday was standing).

(05-04-2023, 11:19 AM)i.h Wrote:  I'm outside the UK atm so I've only been watching the "world" version.

But it seems like there's glitches where the sound and audio repeats, almost like they've switched between two media paths where one has a greater delay than the other, eg. just now where they flipped from the story about teenage vaping back to the studio and the first few seconds of the newsreader glitched

I am currently in a hotel with a slightly iffy TV so it might be that, but from what people are saying it could very well be a glitch in London
Noticed the same earlier when Washington was speaking to Mariko Oi in Singapore, Live. It was all perfectly good on the spilt screen, but when they cut back to the wide shot in the Washington studio at the end of her piece, Mariko still appeared to be mouthing the last few words of her piece, which we’d already seen and heard on the split screen.

Also, the “opts” are clunky, especially on the return, where we often catch the last few words of the piece being played in our absence. Followed by an uncertain “this is BBC News live” from the presenter. 

Early days. Early days.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(05-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
Celia Hatton must be presenting from the balcony. Not sure why she has been put in front of a screen when she is very obviously in/near the newsroom. Though the set up does look a little bit better than it did on Monday.

(05-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  It is apparently Studio J which is on the balcony. It is believed the pres is sat in front of the monitor once used by Outside Source and before that BBC Weather. I'm not sure we've even seen a desk yet let alone a chair!
She does at least look as though she is sat down (whereas Lewis on Monday was standing).

I'm not sure whomever is running this circus is silly enough to shoot the feed (Studio E) going out on World from the feed going out to the UK (Studio J)

Just wondering who this presenter is?

(05-04-2023, 11:45 AM)TheJarv Wrote:  Just wondering who this presenter is?
Celia Hatton. She's normally Asia Pacific Editor, but fills in as a presenter now and again.

www.youtube.com 

Maybe a positive to this change, but it does feel like the BBC News channel wouldn't have spent as long as this on the blood scandal story before the change.
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 11:52 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Maybe a positive to this change, but it does feel like the BBC News channel wouldn't have spent as long as this on the blood scandal story before the change.

A potential downside is it might not be mentioned again
[-] The following 6 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, Quantum+83, UTVLifer