BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I am struggling to understand how it’s all gone to pot considering they we’re rehearsing for weeks on end and no one in rehearsals saw any of this, the worst thing is the network titles that’s usually the best version and is always perfect but even that’s been botched and looks a lot worser then the regional titles.
[-] The following 14 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, bob, Frances, freeaxe, Independent, Jeff, Juicy Joe, News76, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, Ste, Superman1986, thevaran

Context at last is having correspondents in the studio as well as not just one single shot - and watch out those screens! (Including the one that has the wrong pic - they were not discussing their war crimes investigation at the moment.)

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-04-2023, 07:53 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Pretty disgraceful really for the lead national story to be relegated so far down the agenda

I can see them coming unstuck on this sort of thing - Imagine major story about the UK government, buried 50 minutes in, the clip gets uploaded to twitter and outrage ensues

This is already happening. You see many comments on twitter already about how the BBC News Channel are burying the story.

Maybe every subsequent day presentation-wise things will return to something somewhat to normal just like in a video-game where you have to progress a bit to unlock stuff? Seems like they hadn't gotten everything ironed out sufficiently after the rehearsal period but still had to launch so cut it down to the bare minimum. If so, I wonder when, or even if, the catwalk will be back for the top story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • damian

(05-04-2023, 08:16 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 07:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This post by Martine has really touched me this evening.

Just look at the solidarity and at what we appear to have lost...

www.instagram.com =

Look at all that talent and experience.

How the hell did we end here-This whole relaunch has been an unmitigated disaster and unless Ofcom finally wake up, there's not a thing we can do it about unless the BBC themselves realize  that one news service was never a good idea regardless of money.
[-] The following 6 users Like News76's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, harshy, Juicy Joe, Rolling News

Whoever did the DOG for Christian's special report, did they not know what channel the report will air on?
How come the DOG in a report to be broadcast on BBC News overlaps with the BBC News traditional lower thirds (identity + ticker)?
Or was the original intention to show the thing on Panorama or Newsnight?
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, ilsondan15, Superman1986

(05-04-2023, 07:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This post by Martine has really touched me this evening.

Just look at the solidarity and at what we appear to have lost...

www.instagram.com =
With a bit of luck and a fair wind, they'll all eventually resurface on ITV and/or Sky News (or even the channels we dare not name...?).
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AJB39, Ste

I know ITV had a News Channel a few years ago, but given that the BBC no longer has a UK News channel, perhaps ITV could exploit that gap and revive it perhaps?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConorW2000's post:
  • Cashton06

Who did the morning shifts today? I gather Celia Hatton was on from 08.00 to 10.00 CET and also did Breaking News opt outs. Was Victoria in her early morning slot? The rest of the day was as usual, with Maryam in for Matthew.

Just trying to see who else is appearing. Clearly the fab group in Martine's photo does not seem to be scheduled at the moment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • Marcell

(05-04-2023, 09:45 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Who did the morning shifts today? I gather Celia Hatton was on from 08.00 to 10.00 CET and also did Breaking News opt outs. Was Victoria in her early morning slot? The rest of the day was as usual, with Maryam in for Matthew.

Just trying to see who else is appearing. Clearly the fab group in Martine's photo does not seem to be scheduled at the moment.
Samantha Simmonds did 9-12 (or 10-1 if you're in CET). Still find it strange seeing her on BBC News. I know she's been there for a few years but I still associate her with Sky News.

As for the people in the photo, whilst I don't know about the others, someone in the last thread suggested Kasia Madera won't be presenting on the new channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan