BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Interesting - that doesn't match the schedules I've seen which have Breakfast going all the way up to Kuenssberg at 09:00.
[-] The following 3 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 04:16 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Interesting - that doesn't match the schedules I've seen which have Breakfast going all the way up to Kuenssberg at 09:00.
Maybe they just copied the World schedule, then replaced the 6am slot with BBC One’s Breakfast item?

Just like the online schedules with those short editions of Click and The Travel Show.

I'm expecting to see Maryam in Yalda's slot today and then on The Context tomorrow. That way she replaces each of the other 4 Chief Presenters, Tuesday to Friday, one slot after the other.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

I'm not a fan of the report's headline staying on screen all the way through the report. Just looks like they've forgotten to take it down.
[-] The following 8 users Like gottago's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisdafur, Daveuk, Frances, IanJRedman, Jeff, Juicy Joe, Universal_r

Either Louise Lear is wearing the same as she was when she did the 10 o’clock news last night or BBC World is showing the same weather reports 20 hours later.
[-] The following 3 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, thevaran

Ugh, a bad 30fps to 25fps conversion on the new Six titles. Looks awful!

Not that anyone’s interested but I’ve 95% tuned out. Can’t muster the energy to write a page on my thoughts because I really can’t gather them all.

As a stalwart of these forums I am totally dismayed at what’s happened and I simply don’t care. BBC News has lost its way and it’s a tragic state of affairs.

Tim Davie and his army are to blame, NOT the Tory pressure. It’s an abomination what’s happened.

They’ve f**ked it up and they knew it was coming all along.
[-] The following 13 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, itsrobert, Kojak, MasterOogway_24, Mixdown, News76, PWD, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, Ste, Universal_r

(06-04-2023, 04:32 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I'm expecting to see Maryam in Yalda's slot today and then on The Context tomorrow. That way she replaces each of the other 4 Chief Presenters, Tuesday to Friday, one slot after the other.
And right on cue...

[Image: Screenshot%202023-04-06%20at%2019_02_30.png]

She clearly wasn't lying when she said she'd be seen 'across the schedule'! I can actually see the logic in this - by having each Chief Presenter take a different day off, Maryam can fill in for all of them. It's obviously more cost-effective than having the main four do Monday to Thursday and then a load of different people on a Friday. (Though tomorrow is obviously Good Friday, so I expect it'll be a different schedule to most Fridays.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, interestednovice, Jeff, oscillon

Yeah, it's a good idea, keeps the continuity of schedule and probably for the first time, Fridays will be done by main weekday presenters.

The presenters should come out of the :15(ish) break straight into the next story.
[-] The following 2 users Like dvboy's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986